Frozen ground, rain and cabin fever cured 1897 IH

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I finally did it. I went out with my MD and said to hell with the frozen ground. Living in Northeast PA has it's perks but the snow is finally going away. I went out to a spot I haven't been to in quiet some time. After being out less that 30 minutes I get a solid hit near a huge tree. After pounding my lesche into the ground with a rock because of the frost, out pops a 1897 Injun. Well needless to say a hour later it started to pour. Could I have stayed...yes AT Pro. Did I? Of course not tommorow is supposed to be 60+. This was my first time out with the AT pro I kind of miss my whites m6 but I still got it. A few hundred more hours of learning the machine and I'll be back to pockets full of silver...jk. As you could see in the pic I scratched the face of the coin well the head dress. Can't wait to get back out there bright and early. Thanks for reading! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427315407.080629.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427315435.780892.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427315466.316712.jpg

Upvote 9

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the patina on the coin. I'm on the western side of PA, an hour north of Pittsburgh.
The grounds been thawed pretty well here for about a week. I just have to find the time to get to it....*sigh*.

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Glad you could get out. I don't know if I could deal with cabin fever!! i hate it when it rains for a couple days -- no less to be frozen out!!

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! Try Upstate NY now...damn. I went out last Saturday and only a little of the south facing slopes were somewhat diggable. It's snowing now. Got an 1886 IH and junk earring. Complaining...no..frustrated...yes. It will thaw my friend.

aj

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice I always love the Indians

OP
OP
NEPADIGGER7

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427330684.964787.jpg

Thanks for the response! Yeah as you can see the frozen clumps of dirt. The entire area isn't that bad but some areas...such as this on... North side of the tree were just frost which is not differ friendly. But it's quarter to 9pm and it's warmer than it was all day. I think I'm going to call it a early night and see what I can bring out of the ground in the AM. If anyone is free and wants to go and is Near or in the wilkes barre pa area...I know there's a section for it but I always like to offer. Tommorow will be a silver day!! Thanks again for the replies!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling all too well, nothing like jumping on your digger just to penetrate the soil! lol!!

awesome find!!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im glad your cabin fever is getting cured. I don't think I could deal with frozen ground. Should be a nice day to dig so get going and show us some of that silver.

OP
OP
NEPADIGGER7

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
60 and rain today.....I'm going out...thanks for the replies...cjon where in nepa r u from?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread