My first Class Ring Today

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
It always seemed like a lot of people find class rings, so I figured it would be my turn soon. Sure enough I found this one today at the park down the street from me. I always thought it would be fun to locate the owner and return a class ring. But I think with the class 32 for this one it's probably hopeless. That brings up an interesting thought though, anybody find any real old class rings?

Attachments

• 1stclassring.jpg
    1stclassring.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 573
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
NOW THAT'S A FIND!!!!!!! :o

Give us some numbers 18,14,10k whats the gram wt my was 17grams

GGGGGreat find!

I would see if you could find the owner their smile is worth it.

Onion ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
91 years old ? would be hard

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Always love the old style class rings, especially the design. Doubt the owner is still around-would be about 90 or so, still possible.

OP
OP
caratjuice

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
So far the only Washington Park High School I can find on the net is in
Wisconsin. That's a long way from Seattle. May not be the right School. I'll keep looking.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
caratjuice said:
So far the only Washington Park High School I can find on the net is in
Wisconsin. That's a long way from Seattle. May not be the right School. I'll keep looking.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Around here alot of schools Went together in the early 70's & changed their names. The School may be DEFUNCT

OP
OP
caratjuice

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
Your probably right Jeff. With the Light House on the ring it's more than likely it's a school in Washington State rather than Wisconsin. Oh well I'll just put it in my treasure chest with the rest of them. :)

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Could check with some local school dist. to see if there was such a high school and if the lighthouse motif was common or unique. Would definitely make for a great treasure lost and found story if the owner was alive or if it was lost by one his heirs and you returned it.

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring probably DOES come from Washington Park High School in Racine, Wisconsin. Racine is on Lake Michigan and a famous landmark there is the Wind Point Light House which was built in 1880. The school dates from 1929. Do a Google search on Racine, lighthouse, or washington Park high school, racine and you'll get quite a bit of info. Are there any initials on the ring????? If there are, the school has a website and it looks like they have an alumni association.
Butch

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Beautiful ring carat juice,
Let us know how you come out if you pursue finding the owner, or heirs. As someone else stated, it would make a great lost and found story, if you were able to track down the owner.
Congratulations,
BRD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread