New Beach, Old Finds!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to hit a new shoreline today after we got another 5 inches of snow last night. I actually ran into two other detectorists which is rare for my area. Also ran into an old timer collecting beach glass which he sells for a lot more than I thought possible. We were talking and he told me that he found a gold coin on this beach last year while collecting beach glass. He wasn't sure what it was but said it was quite small. He only lived across the road so he went to get it and it was a US 1 dollar gold! He also showed me a Buffalo nickel that he found in the same area. Needless to say that is the area I hit. Found a bunch of scrappy bits but no gold coins. I did find a dog tag from 1916 and an unbroken inkwell...find of the day!

Really looking forward to the snow melting so I can hit the fields!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427659072.751143.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427659098.757692.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 11

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd ink well in as many years, it was right about this time last year you got another unbroken one.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe no gold but a good hunt nonetheless.
That old dog tag is sweet.
Congrats.

Last edited:
OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd ink well in as many years, it was right about this time last year you got another unbroken one.

Yep...same time last year...and only my second stoneware inkwell. One of the fringe benefits of detecting an old shoreline!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that the way of it lol. Some dude picking beach glass nabs a gold coin and we pay all this money for fancy machines and are lucky if we find one in a lifetime of hunting. Funny there's s couple of guys that dig clams in my area that have found gold coins. One older gentleman found two old Spamish gold coins in the same area. Pirate treasure everywhere 8-)

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've talked to farmer or locals too...amazing what they find without a detector!! Then i do sweep and they seemed to find it all lol...sounds like he has romeo luck...I'll repeat myself...who finds a rare button with a stick!

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've talked to farmer or locals too...amazing what they find without a detector!! Then i do sweep and they seemed to find it all lol...sounds like he has romeo luck...I'll repeat myself...who finds a rare button with a stick!

Hahaha...more times than not I would rather be lucky than good...which is largely what detecting is about!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread