deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody seems to be finding BIG silver except me. I did get a Silver Eagle at a convenient store on my way to go metal detecting. And I've seen the kid dig two Big silvers.
Now yesterday looking for a new permission I talk to the owner of a possible new site and he tells me you won't find anything. Tells me he's cleaned the yard out, then tells me his best find was a Morgan Silver dollar??

Do I want one too much? , should I just forget about a Big silver and act like I don't want one. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 4

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This hobby is feast or famine. So put your bib on and belly up the table 'cause your silver dinner is a'comin'. Keep asking for permissions. Odds are in your favor! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know sooner or later it will happen.lol

Take today for example, the kid and I are working a yard side by side. I find a merc and the kid finds his third BIG silver for the year feet...from me???

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Yo DS... no worries, at the rate you are going, you will find a half within 6 months. Mark my word.

Next week will be my one year anniversary of my first silver coin, since then, I have found (2) Walkers, (1) Franklin and part of another Walker. Beez0404 (of TNet) found a Morgan, (2) Barber halves, Walker and Franklin in the last 9 months.

The Walkers appear fairly regularly, just give it some time, and one of those holes will be loaded for bear! GL&HH.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gone from finding epic treasures every day for a week straight to finding absolutely nothing for a week straight. It's all just a matter of luck 90% of the time. The other 10% comes from perseverance. Also a little research every now and then doesn't hurt.

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand how all this metal detecting works. Lol

There's just sometching about that Big silver and my own kid doesn't help matters out. I posted this thread before we went metal detecting today. A couple hours later look what the kid finds.

image.jpg1_zpskquvpmdn.jpg

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn kids lol. I went through a long stretch pulling large cents and kgs but I could not for the life of me get over an early silver....as Iron Patch kindly pointed out ALL THE TIME lol. Then all of a sudden I found a couple of 2 Reales. So keep digging my man. It's just a numbers game and at some point you will have your big silver. And likely a monstrous one that's super rare. Seems to be how thinGS go in this crazy hobby

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research will pay off. Your in the NEW ENGLAND area! Might not find a Morgan, but there is much other silver. More Morgans found further west for some reason. You have higher possibilities for halves, quarters, large cents, colonials and such. Travel a little north or south and increase your chances of what you want. Be patient and optimistic. I've have found a 1966 Canadian silver dollar and a Bicentennial Ike dollar, but never a Morgan. Also, never found a half dollar. Those are on my bucket list, among others. Your luck will come when you LEAST expect it!

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh there's plenty of Big silver here. The boy has found 3 this year with me with in spitting distance of him when he found them. Lol

I'm jinxed when it comes to Big silver. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread