Confederate Staff officer button and a heart breaker

richeysd76

Oct 28, 2013
spotsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Garrett at pro, fisher f4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from a family vacation today so me and my boy decided to go hit an old spot for a little bit glad we did. Within the first 10 minutes I had my first good signal IMG_20150407_164035_954.jpg a spur haven't found one before so that was a nice surprise a few steps later I found a piece of camp lead, I look over my son who was probably 50 yards from me comes running over holds out his hand IMG_20150407_164209_865.jpg and shows me the back of his button then he flips it over IMG_20150407_164050_564.jpg what a heart breaker I felt so bad for him. So I told him we need to find his hole so we could find the rest of it but of course being 11yo he couldn't find the spot but while I was searching for his missing hole I found this IMG_20150407_164157_674.jpg IMG_20150407_164138_977.jpg Confederate staff officer button. So now we had an idea what his was I'm guessing I was pretty close to where he found his. Sad thing about it mine is pretty ate up by the ground and his looks like it would have been nice. Also found a few flat buttons and some odds and ends. Thanks for looking

Upvote 7

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find, and my sympathies to your young son. He's got a long career of great finds ahead though, starting that young!

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your finds. And the time spent hunting with your son is worth more than any find. Conrats!!!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer button richey.A staff button has been on my wish list forever.B's button is a heartbreaker,but it happens.Still a nice find!At least he can say he found one, unlike someone I know:rolleyes:.I like that over and under.HH man -gl

OP
OP
richeysd76

richeysd76

Oct 28, 2013
spotsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Garrett at pro, fisher f4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer button richey.A staff button has been on my wish list forever.B's button is a heartbreaker,but it happens.Still a nice find!At least he can say he found one, unlike someone I know:rolleyes:.I like that over and under.HH man -gl
Thanks Joe, we searched all over to find the missing piece of his and I think I've got it narrowed down pretty good I just need to be patient cuz i dont want to wear out our welcome,as far as mine goes I think I'm gonna have it restored to bring some life back to it. The O/U is a Beretta Silver Pigeon sporting , my wife says I've got to many hobbies I say its our retirement fund. Keep diggin

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a 'local' staff?With the shank,and I don't see any pushes on it,definitely worth getting restored.Not sure how they go about restoring buttons,I have never tried it,but that would be a button to restore,that's for sure.But hey I like it as it sits myself.Good luck on finding the pieces to your boys.Might be a long shot,but if he can remember where it was I am sure the pieces are there.Seems like some finds just aren't meant to be.I have dug buttons in the past that fell apart right after coming out the ground,sometimes the only thing holding them together is the dirt.Tell him not to beat himself up over it,only 11 years old and already found one, he has got a bright future of hunting ahead of him.Good luck to you guys-HH,bet you paid a pretty penny for that Beretta.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread