School Lawn Olympic Medal Count...(2) Gold, (1) Silver, and (1) Spinner!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit three school lawns and playing fields today for seven hours, and the haul made it worth it. Scored a man's gold wedding band, weighing 5.7 grams, marked 14k with arrows, and it read 63 VDI at 4" on the ATPro.

I also dug a a woman's gold nugget ring not marked but solid gold, weighs 3.9 grams, and read a solid 51 (nickle signal) on the ATpro at 4 " down.

Found a child's sterling ring marked Mexico/.925 with a soft enamel inlay, weighing 2.4 grams, and read a solid 83 on the ATpro at 3" down.

Found another spinner-style mood ring also, making it a four-ring day! Also found a broken pocket knife, two brass, small padlocks, three keys, some kiddie bling, and $12.67 in clad.

First time I have found two gold items in one day and it feels awesome! Happy hunting to all and I hope the ATPro data will help other users during their searches. In know when other ATPro users post it, it helps me! Thanks for looking, Sub 8-)

Attachments

• nugget.JPG
    nugget.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 153
  • nugget1.JPG
    nugget1.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 153
  • nugget2.JPG
    nugget2.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 134
  • nugget3.JPG
    nugget3.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Upvote 15

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent finds. congrats on scoring the gold!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! Those are amazing finds, you've really got your Pro dialed in for gold! :occasion14:

Congrats,
Dave

smokedaddy

Mar 4, 2008
SE Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum / Fisher 1266X / Minelab Sovereign Elite/ Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing the AT/Pro VDIs. Nice rings too.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done Sub. Two gold in one day beats my record... I have one gold ring, in one year! I am scared of nickels, so I don't dig the mid tones like I should. I am actually too lazy to deal with the pull tabs... but don't tell anyone, they mock me... sshhh....

The little silver ring as a turquoise inlay... correct?

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well done Sub. Two gold in one day beats my record... I have one gold ring, in one year! I am scared of nickels, so I don't dig the mid tones like I should. I am actually too lazy to deal with the pull tabs... but don't tell anyone, they mock me... sshhh....

The little silver ring as a turquoise inlay... correct?

Nickels are scary, Tom, I used to dress up like one for Halloween and frighten the other kids very badly... And as you know, 99.99% of all solid 40's-50's tones on the ATPro are for slaw and tabs, (with the exception of nickels at 51 VDI.) But, oh that .01% that turns out to be gold! The little turquoise ring is a weird one, the inlay is a soft, silicone like material that probably was brightly colored at one time. And no one should ever be mocked who has a 32 Deuce Coupe as his avatar...Sub 8-)

Last edited:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Sub great scores there :occasion14: Still looking for this years first gold here , getting anxious to see what it will be :laughing7:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome day!! You kill those gold and silver rings!!

The boy and I are half afraid to hit the schools or parks yet. Not that it really matters but, we keep using the excuse we don't know the AT Pros good enough yet. Looking for gold will be an all day digging exercise no matter what. Lol

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome day!! You kill those gold and silver rings!!

The boy and I are half afraid to hit the schools or parks yet. Not that it really matters but, we keep using the excuse we don't know the AT Pros good enough yet. Looking for gold will be an all day digging exercise no matter what. Lol

I am still a novice on the ATPro also, but I am learning the subtle differences in the tones on the gold vs. aluminum scrap, and silver vs. big aluminum scrap. But, when in doubt, dig it all and enjoy the "cast a big net" theory! Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a Banner day there Subt! Congrads on all!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread