Found a construction area in a park, some nice results !

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4_23_2015 tilled area 650.jpg

Found a spot today where some construction was going to happen they had put in fill dirt and tilled the area, I've been over the spot before they tilled it and might have got a few clad. Got some really big trash too like a 3 foot long piece of steel pipe. Today I went by there and they had added fill dirt and tilled and I could see pull-tabs all over. Got my small coil out and started picking up any tabs and trash I saw. And then rescanning, I did pretty good 6 quarters, 8 clad dimes, a 1961 Rosy in pretty fair condition that was on top of the ground, wasn't easy to see was completely dirt covered on the side facing up. Got 22 copper cents (memorials) 2 zincs and 1 nickel. Had one slightly toasty wheat cent turn up a 1953. Also got what looked like a good sized punch and one of those lift up car door handles made of pot metal. And my pouch was completely full of mostly aluminum junk. Had several hand fulls of just the pull-tabs. A pretty good day for out here really.

Upvote 8

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A day full of targets is a good day in my books!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Construction sites are good you never know what will turn up, they do tend to be trashy though.

Nice finds! Well worth the time. Congrats!

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A day full of targets is a good day in my books!
Hi cjon :hello: Yeah I have to agree, this was a definite go slow and wiggle back and forth to hear the warble of a good target and pinpoint only in discriminate mode otherwise, you would be pinpointing on another item like a pull-tab! Was less than a two hour hunt.

Good silver.

Thanks !

Construction sites are good you never know what will turn up, they do tend to be trashy though.
Nice finds! Well worth the time. Congrats!

Hi Msbeep :hello2: Yeah it is worth wading through all those trashy beeps ! Hope you are getting out and making some finds 8-):cat:

Last edited:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a great feeling to have a fist full of coins and some are silver, congrats! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a great feeling to have a fist full of coins and some are silver, congrats! Sub 8-)

Hi buddy ! Yeah those clads add up over time, I was a bit shocked when I opened up my coin section at time to go it was bulging a bit ! Heres a picture of the coil I used :
fbs800.jpg

Thinking about getting the CoilTek 6 inch treasureseeker, not sure how much better it would be tho :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions