Little Bitty Gold Ring, Kiddie Bling, and Skull Thing...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local school yard today and found a piece of a charm bracelet, a snowman pin, an enameled child's heart ring, and a skull-shaped bottle opener marked, "Jose Cuervo."

While detecting the lawn area, I picked up trash as I normally do and began walking to the garbage can on the playground. I was casually swinging the coil of my ATPro, thinking about nothing except freeing my hands of all of the trash, when I unexpectedly got a solid tone and 63 VDI. I looked down and saw a pretty little gold ring lying on a patch of bare dirt in the lawn. :icon_scratch:

It must have been a very fresh drop, as there was no dirt on the ring. Later at home, I inspected it with a loop and, although it isn't marked, it appears to be solid gold with all eight of the little stones intact. I could find no evidence of plating on the ring. It weighed in at 1.2 grams and is non magnetic.

If this little ring turns out to be solid gold, it will be my fifth piece of gold jewelry this month!:hello2:
My silver jewelry count is low, though, with only four pieces.???

But the month ain't over yet. Thanks for looking, keep the faith, and happy hunting to all. Sub 8-)

Attachments

• kidsgold1.JPG
    kidsgold1.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 85
  • kidsgold2.JPG
    kidsgold2.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 109
  • kidsgold3.JPG
    kidsgold3.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 5

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local school yard today and found a piece of a charm bracelet, a snowman pin, an enameled child's heart ring, and a skull-shaped bottle opener marked, "Jose Cuervo."

While detecting the lawn area, I picked up trash as I normally do and began walking to the garbage can on the playground. I was casually swinging the coil of my ATPro, thinking about nothing except freeing my hands of all of the trash, when I unexpectedly got a solid tone and 63 VDI. I looked down and saw a pretty little gold ring lying on a patch of bare dirt in the lawn. :icon_scratch:

It must have been a very fresh drop, as there was no dirt on the ring. Later at home, I inspected it with a loop and, although it isn't marked, it appears to be solid gold with all eight of the little stones intact. I could find no evidence of plating on the ring. It weighed in at 1.2 grams and is non magnetic.

If this little ring turns out to be solid gold, it will be my fifth piece of gold jewelry this month!:hello2:
My silver jewelry count is low, though, with only four pieces.???

But the month ain't over yet. Thanks for looking, keep the faith, and happy hunting to all. Sub 8-)

That my friends is why you don't buy gold jewelry for kids! I made that mistake and my girls lost every last piece of it 92673 if anyone wants to go looking :)
BTW Definitely looks gold and I will take more gold than silver any day.

Cheers

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes, I feel a bit cheated when my eyes find something before the detector does. LOL
But, I'll take it all! :)

Very nice!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love the bling no matter how big or small

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Little or not she is gold!! And your 5th this Month? That is great!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job spotting that ring. I have yet to find any jewelry with real stones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread