Sometimes, this hobby just plain is crazy.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Final pics of a beautiful lady.

see below

The plan today was to run a few errands, fuel the car and then go to
clad city for some fun walking around and picking up more battery fund.

So, whilst running the last errand, "I was on my way back to the car". I passed by the coinstar just to check
as per usual. This is what I found in the tray:

2015 (231).jpg

:dontknow: LOL

2015 (232).jpg 2015 (233).jpg

To boot! This was in among them.

I couldn't believe it! LOL
When I got back to the car, I said, a pocket full of clad, a Canadian penny, AND a SILVER!!!
I have no need to go to clad city. Already got more than I bargained for there! So, what to do?

I decided that since I already had the battery fund contribution and even a silver! I'm already
good for the day. Still, I wanted to do a lil digging. I went to the mansion for a leisurely walk and
to complete an already wonderful day.

One thing about this mansion. It now forces one to think hard where to try. So, I'm wandering around this particularly
trashy spot near where the old road used to be. I only get a few hits worth digging, between all the iron.

One is deep, short and read at about 78. If I milked the signal I could catch an 80 once in a while. I said, close enough for
govt work and got down to digging. Eight inches later I see this:

2015 (239).jpg
2015 (240).jpg

I said, huh??! But it was only 78! :icon_scratch:

This is what uncovered:

2015 (236).jpg
2015 (237).jpg
2015 (235).jpg
2015 (238).jpg

Now, I ask ya. Ain't that beautiful?!?!

Now, let's review:

Coinstar:

2015 (231).jpg
2015 (232).jpg

Mansion:

2015 (234).jpg
2015 (237).jpg

Guess which one I choose? ;)

Crazy hobby, crazy day!

Thanks for peeking!

Last edited:
Upvote 34

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!, that seated is beautiful!!, looks like a spot of rust on it from some iron mixed in the hole with it?

Excellent work weeding thru the trash to pop one of the nicest dimes ever made!, good for you, ya deserve it!!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!, that seated is beautiful!!, looks like a spot of rust on it from some iron mixed in the hole with it?

Excellent work weeding thru the trash to pop one of the nicest dimes ever made!, good for you, ya deserve it!!

Deserving it? Well, that I'm not so sure about. ;)
There is a slightly darker spot around the shield but I don't see anything resembling rust. All I've done is run some
distilled water over her. Nothing else. It is absolutely stunning as it is and I've seen a LOT of coins over the years! :)

Oh! You probably mean the spot at the bottom? No, that's an old nick, not from me. This was near the old road bed. Lots of
rocks in there. Still, I should hope I look as good after 176 years. ;)

Thanks!

Last edited:

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a day, Congrats!!

Maybe on your way home after your mansion visit you should have stopped somewhere and bought a few scratch offs. Lol
Gotta like days like that where everything goes your way...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Your dogged determination and masterful teasing of your ATPro have proven, yet once again, it is the user, not the machine, that finds the goods. Awesome scores Whadi, congrats. 8-)

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That seated dime is SHARP!! Beautiful find

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice W ! :occasion14: Hope to detect one that nice and old too someday here :headbang:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another very nice find from you! I don't think you will ever stop going to that place..why should you?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking silver, it always seems to recharge the inner batteries when an old one pops out.

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Seated is a real beauty

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a day, Congrats!!
Maybe on your way home after your mansion visit you should have stopped somewhere and bought a few scratch offs. Lol
Gotta like days like that where everything goes your way...

Actually, I tried doing that before. Find a couple dollars and play them on the lottery. Nothing to lose, right? But, it started feeling
too much like I was digging it up and throwing them in the trashcan when emptying my trash pouch. :)

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Your dogged determination and masterful teasing of your ATPro have proven, yet once again, it is the user, not the machine, that finds the goods. Awesome scores Whadi, congrats. 8-)

It's like I've been saying. The best detector is the one in your hand at the moment. Although, this one needed some pretty good moxy to reach and determine it was a signal at all.

That seated dime is SHARP!! Beautiful find

It is the single sharpest one I have ever found. Near to being a miracle for being this sort of shape after what it's been through. :)

Very nice W ! :occasion14: Hope to detect one that nice and old too someday here :headbang:

I think the odds are good if one just keeps :headbang:-ing. ;)

Another very nice find from you! I don't think you will ever stop going to that place..why should you?

I happened to see the owner today too and I told him that I would love to keep coming there until I'm "called home". I also told him that I intend
to keep coming back as long as he'll allow me. There is a lot of ground and although I've pretty much sampled it all, I KNOW that there is still the
level of hunting I needed there today, for me to do yet. I haven't been skimming but I haven't brought all "arms to bear", so to speak. ;) As evidenced
by this coin and the barber quarter earlier this year. The harder to hunt areas are what I'm concentrating on now and it really is a bear! But, with a result
like this once in a moon? It'll be very interesting!

Great looking silver, it always seems to recharge the inner batteries when an old one pops out.

You're right, it does. But, I have something else here. My batteries get recharged simply by stopping for a moment and looking around me.
It's like being transported back to that time. Wonderful!

Great story! Awesome finds!

It is, isn't it. Makes it all worthwhile, ya know?

My motto will never change, Dig it All, every number,every sound.... glad your 39 wasn't overlooked like my 37

Yep, and I agree, for the most part. But, seriously, with all the chatter a detector can make these days, if we dig it all. We might as well get a backhoe and a screen. There'd be little difference between us and plowing a yard. I do wind up digging it all, just not all at the same time. ;) After all, I paid good, hard money for the technology to help me be able to maybe not dig. Like, say, the iron, today anyway. ;) LOL

My thanks to all the wonderful replies! That too, makes the day even more special. That I can share it with people who appreciate the miracle of finding something
this special. :)

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
What a day! It just don't get better than that. It's no wonder were all hooked, constantly looking for overlooked old houses and old dirt.

Great finds and the 1839 is a beauty. I found an 1839 that looks to have been circulated for 30 years. Yours looks great!

Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread