A few few finds along some old stone walls

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
016.JPG 032.JPG 024.JPG 027.JPG Took my metal detector along as I went up to my property in upstate New York (Bald Mountain-Corinth, N.Y.) over the weekend to open up our mountain camp for another year. Around some of our old stone walls found a very old horseshoe, an old axe head, an old pocket knife, some old horse halter hooks, etc. For a few seconds I thought I had found an old Revolutionary War musket but it turned out to be a Hubley Davy Crockett Buffalo Rifle flintlock cap gun from the 1950s lol. Nice find in either case I'm thinking. If anyone can ID the 3 similar find 049.JPG s would appreciate it. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Upvote 3

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As to the three things I don't know what they are but I have been finding them no one could ID them 4 years ago. everyone insisted they were for holding the shelves into an entertainment center but we both know they are too big and old for that. it's always been my theory that they are cleats off of an old metal wheel tractor

OP
OP
2moshers

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They were found along an old logging/farming road circling up a very steep mountain in the Adirondacks (no entertainment centers there-ever). It is much overgrown now and they have been there for a long time. They most definitely are something to do with farming or even logging which possibly could make them old tractor wheel cleats. Very rocky terrain in the Adirondacks so would be brutal on any farm equipment. Thanks relic lover for your input.

Last edited:

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine were also found in the mountains on what may have been a mining trail definitely way off the beaten path

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
2moshers

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the ID Goldiver! That is certainly what they are. Very interesting to know and certainly makes a lot of sense given the location they were found. TreasureNet and it's members are a very knowledgeable group. Thanks again. By the way The view from my ledges faces East toward Vermont (the far mountains in this pic) 006.JPG . That is the Hudson River in the background of the first pic.

Last edited:

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the ID Goldiver! That is certainly what they are. Very interesting to know and certainly makes a lot of sense given the location they were found. TreasureNet and it's members are a very knowledgeable group. Thanks again. By the way The view from my ledges faces East toward Vermont (the far mountains in this pic) View attachment 1157442 . That is the Hudson River in the background of the first pic.

Makes me miss home! I grew up on a small farm in Hebron, NY you can see the Vermont mountains from there too. Been away for about 25 years but it will always feel like home.

Steve

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread