My second WW2 German Helmet and K98 Bayonet

CristianH

Mar 9, 2015
Romania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello dear community today I want to show you my latest finds in a ww2 zone.

The day started really well with a few German relics from the trenches like ODOL Toothpaste and a few cans. But the star of the day showed up in the middle of the day - a beautiful M40 German Helmet in a good condition. The helmet was under the tree roots and quite hard to reach it but we succeeded to dig it without breaking something and that includes the tree roots. Later in the same day I just found another German relic, which is a K98 Bayonet (battle damaged) WaA519 cof Carl Eickhorn Baj. Solingen 1944.

DSC_4138 (Large).JPG DSC_4694 (Large).JPG DSC_4699 (Large).JPG

Upvote 7

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice helmet! And cool to find a late war production bayonet with wood grips instead of plastics. Like the toothpaste tube too. Not many relic hunters are pleased with that condition finds. You had a good day!

gheenoe78

Nov 21, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of those Mauser K98's came back stateside after the war. My grandad used one for hunting for years and gave it to me before he passed. Great finds.

OP
OP
CristianH

CristianH

Mar 9, 2015
Romania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to all of you for your nice words :D

Very nice helmet! And cool to find a late war production bayonet with wood grips instead of plastics. Like the toothpaste tube too. Not many relic hunters are pleased with that condition finds. You had a good day!

I'm also amazed about the condition of the finds, on the helmet no decal present and no marks inside but I know that is model M40 because of the shape of the edges and for M40 they used an alloy of iron and manganese so that's why is in such good condition. It was my best day ever in a ww2 zone.

Hey cristian find me a STG 44:laughing9:

That's quite rare... :D what I found was only an empty bullet magazine. If I will ever find one I will let you know ;D

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's quite rare... what I found was only an empty bullet magazine. If I will ever find one I will let you know

Theres no doubt about that.Take a look at the video below.

I live in an area where many troops were StG 44 equipped and i can tell you: They took care of this thing! I only saw one coming off the ground in 30 years detecting...

I believe it.If I were issued one of the most advanced rifle of its day I'd be taking care of it too.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it.If I were issued one of the most advanced rifle of its day I'd be taking care of it too.

StG44 were not that rare, complete units had them, mostly to avoid confusion with different ammo delivered to the front. MGs still needed the 8x57IS, but they tried to use brass casings instead of iron for machine guns for better dependability. K98 and K43 never got the expensive brass casing ammo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions