Had to get out and try a tot lot for myself :)

PixySnot

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2015
Omaha, NE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20150518_223344.jpg

I was surprised I didn't find more things. No pop tabs, bottle caps, cans... just these and a lot of cigarette butts. It's my first ring though! :)

Upvote 13

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its a start , keep on searching ! :occasion14:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1163383

I was surprised I didn't find more things. No pop tabs, bottle caps, cans... just these and a lot of cigarette butts. It's my first ring though! :)
There is a tot lot without caps ,pulltabs and various junk in it somewhere in America? Was the easter bunny and tooth fairy standing guard with a M60 to keep the junk out of the ground . Wish they would guard my tot lots Congrats on your first ring

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a tot lot without caps ,pulltabs and various junk in it somewhere in America? Was the easter bunny and tooth fairy standing guard with a M60 to keep the junk out of the ground . Wish they would guard my tot lots Congrats on your first ring

My theory is that just means his tot lot has all-ready been hit hard most likely and the OP got lucky and had a hit on a recent drop.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good find!! Tot Lots are fun, as long as you don't get over run by a herd of Tots:laughing7:. Tony

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool to find a ring. I hit tot lots frequently and they are relatively junk free, for reasons explained by previous posters, or people just are less likely to trash where their own kids play. Good stuff does get pushed down deep into the gravel/bark/sand/rubber pellets, so don't be afraid of those "iffy" signals. Best of luck, Sub 8-)

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool to find a ring. I hit tot lots frequently and they are relatively junk free, for reasons explained by previous posters, or people just are less likely to trash where their own kids play. Good stuff does get pushed down deep into the gravel/bark/sand/rubber pellets, so don't be afraid of those "iffy" signals. Best of luck, Sub 8-)

Iffy signals on the E-Trac = those thick bent wire pieces pushed through the canvas below the chips. Why oh why do they add those, and you know when they remove the playground equipment they just leave the stakes behind :icon_scratch::BangHead:

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG. Congrats on your fist ring. The 10K and diamonds I pulled out the other day were down about 3 inches of loose sand on top and another 3-4 inches into the harder sand underneath, the Tesoro gave me a nice clean signal though. Good luck. I gotta hit that other tot lot again, I don't think it gets touched by Mders. I pulled about 40 coins with the heart ring and owl pendant the other day.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iffy signals on the E-Trac = those thick bent wire pieces pushed through the canvas below the chips. Why oh why do they add those, and you know when they remove the playground equipment they just leave the stakes behind :icon_scratch::BangHead:

I couldn't figure out why bullets and bullet fragments were in the tan bark of my local tot lots, were they crime scenes from mini-gangster shoot outs? No...the bark was from local forests, heavily hunted during season, and the fragments were from the "missed 'em" shots. Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread