Searchdeep

Jul 6, 2014
Orange Park, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, the wife woke me up this morning at 5:30 and said she was going for a run and would be back in an hour or so. She said when she got back that she would get ready and we could go metal detecting. Once she left i laid in bed thinking of which place we were going to go detecting when she got back. Well I guess i laid there and thought about it too long because i fell back asleep and when i woke up it was 9:30 and she was laying next to me sound asleep. I woke her up and said we had to get going that we woke up late. She then had the nerve to say to me "what is the rush, that treasure is not going anywhere". LOL. Anyhow, we get on the road by 10am and the place I had originally intended for us to go was a little too far for a late start so I went to a place that had always been good to us and has given up quite a bit of history. Today was no let down. I started in a new area of this property and immediately started getting really nice signals on the CTX. I had my 17" coil on hoping to get the deep stuff but all of the signals were about 4" to 5" down and nothing too old, lots of copper pennies, one wheat penny, a few clad pennies and dimes. I decided to pass up on the shallower signals and only dig the deep ones. I got a high 12-45 hit at 8" and the wife starts to dig it and dead center of the hole is a 4" wide root so she starts digging around both sides to get under the root and sure enough directly under the root about 8" down she pulled out a beautiful circa 1895 Towle sterling silver tea spoon with amazing detail. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432334869.985279.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432334891.199181.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432334922.497675.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432334951.786001.jpg
About 2 feet away I get another high 12-46 but it was only 4" down so the wife digs down, easy diggin this time, and pops out a nice sterling silver ring with a greek pattern wrapped around it. She says hey it fits so you can guess where the ring went. LOL. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432336129.301554.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432336150.203271.jpg
Keep swingin around, dig a few more pennies because i can't resist the shallow high tones and remember that I am only diggin the deeper ones. So I get a higher tone, screen says 6" the tone is a little quiter so i know it is deeper than 6" and the wife starts to dig, again a huge root in the center, she finally gets under the root. By this time she is about 10" down and pulls out a large round disc looking thing. Normally she gets out her little cleaning kit and cleans the item up and lets me know what it is, but this time I knew it looked familiar and have always wanted to find one of these familiar looking things so I say can I see it and he gives it to me and I say can I use your tooth brush, start gently brushing the dirt away and whamo!!! I see the eagle on the front and said it is a breast plate!!! To me this is a find of a lifetime. I always see you guys up north finding these but here in Florida with not having access to any major battles or skirmishes, I didn't think I would find one. But, happily I did and it is in pretty good shape. Anyhow, it was a very exciting day for me and the wife. Sorry to be so long winded. Enjoy the pictures.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432336236.224333.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432336291.877375.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432336454.021825.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432336489.325290.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 17

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!! Unbelievable day!! Congrats to you and your wife

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, nice job. A good women goes with you, a great woman digs the hole. Sounds like you have a great one. LOL. Congrats

OP
OP
Searchdeep

Searchdeep

Jul 6, 2014
Orange Park, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, nice job. A good women goes with you, a great woman digs the hole. Sounds like you have a great one. LOL. Congrats

I gave her the option of either swinging the 17" coil or digging. She chose to dig LOL

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Search Deep I see you have join the spoon beat, lots of spoons showing up today and man the eagle plate is a nice find,vanzutphen

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive. Got the makings of a great treasure trove. Now just do this every day and you'll be set! :laughing7:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That spoon is NICE dude,of course that plate isn't far behind either.:laughing7:

I found a pin just like your avatar recently.

GOD Bless

Chris

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I could find a nice plate like that, I wouldn't care if I never found another keeper lol. That is a great find, especially from an area where they are unexpected.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions