May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the morning I dug another test pit in a new friends backyard. This time it took me 46 inches to get to natural & I only have a few bits of Roman Pot shards etc. So that backyard I can tell is a bust, I may have another one lined up later.:dontknow:

This evening Dad & I spent 2 hours finishing the Buckle Field. We have covered 70% of the total area & the small strip we left was just flood plain & our explores into this area proved fruitless.
Sadly we finished with only a couple of items;
18th C Button
Shoe Buckle Bit
Cloth Seal

So this was my toughest day this year, & our options are disappearing.:tongue3:

Attachments

• 46 inches to natural.JPG
    46 inches to natural.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 107
  • Finds.JPG
    Finds.JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Upvote 6

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to see ya getting into some pit digging Cru. Definitely hard worth, but the rewards can be great. Your time is coming .....

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice looking hole. Did you probe, or just pick a spot by "gut feeling" ?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru knowing you I'm sure it won't take long for you to sniff out a new spot. Good luck buddy. Hope you find a great one

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Was wondering what part of England you were in. My mother was born in Warrington and I actually lived there for a short time back n the 60s while my mom, brother, and I awaited housing in Wiesbaden, Germany where my father, USAF, was stationed at the time. I still have many relatives in England. I do know that one of my cousins said that it was very hard for her to get permissions for metal detecting in many areas.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice looking hole. Did you probe, or just pick a spot by "gut feeling" ?

There is no point probing because you would need to stick it in 4ft until it hit the top of the Roman Pit. So, its trial & error.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Was wondering what part of England you were in. My mother was born in Warrington and I actually lived there for a short time back n the 60s while my mom, brother, and I awaited housing in Wiesbaden, Germany where my father, USAF, was stationed at the time. I still have many relatives in England. I do know that one of my cousins said that it was very hard for her to get permissions for metal detecting in many areas.

It is hard to get permission unless you have a rep like ours, then its pretty easy, some come to us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread