May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today and hit two different spots that I had hit numerous times last year with my AT and at least once this year with my Etrac. I figure now that I have over 100 hours on my Etrac im starting to get a better idea of what it is telling me so I have been reading online and watching some utube videos to see what im missing . The one thing I keep coming across is using TTF on an open screen and letting your ears and brain be your disc pattern . Well I had two spots that were loaded with nails and general iron so I figured I would take a day and see what treasures it held mixed in the junk . I see now, for me at least this will be a method I will use after I have picked a spot over pretty good and have most of the obvious targets gone . I don't think I can stand the constant chatter and concentration this method requires on a regular basis . That being said if you can stand the chatter OMG what a way to find stuff you cant hear any other way . I only made it over about half of the avalible area before I had enough ,but in the 5 hrs I was pretty impressed by what I found . On each target that I dug at the old church I switched back to my normal pattern (slightly modified Andy S pattern) and tried to see if I could hear it well enough that I would have dug it with my normal settings . With only one exception of a wheat that I would have dug ,all the rest of the targets were stuff I would have passed over . 001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 005.jpg
Not sure exactly if the LC is a Coronet or a Braided Hair(any input is appreciated) and I cant get the back of the IH clean enough to tell if its a 1909-S . You can see the rust stains on the Barber from the three nails that were on top of it , but I knew it was there .
100_0681.JPG 100_0682.JPG 100_0684.JPG 100_0687.JPG
Most of the clad and the laser came from a trashy park that had a building on it that was burned down and bulldozed effectively spreading about 5000 nails all over the area the size of a football field . Oh goody . And all the good stuff came from the church that produced my 1870 Canadian silver 5 cent piece last year .

Upvote 12

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a great post!, I too have been switching back n forth between ttf and the Andy s coin mode, I love ttf but wow is it constant noise

Great job weeding thru the trash
killer finds!!!!!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great hunt, congrats! I especially like your "Buster Brown" shoe buckle and the sweet cuff link. Sub 8-)

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt. Barber silver is always nice, & I like the 1950 dog tag.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt wheat!! Great post also.
If I was you i would only hunt in TTF..
It showed you today what you miss other wise..
I promise you, you will get use to it.. The nulling drives me crazy. .I hate a quiet machine!!!
After a little bit you will not even hear the iron grunts..

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice way to change things up and get the hidden goods. Nice finds!

gheenoe78

Nov 21, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's TTF and the Andy coin mode? I'm still learning my AT as well.

OP
OP
46Wheat

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's TTF and the Andy coin mode? I'm still learning my AT as well.

Like Vino said its not for the At Pro its something for the Etrac . Andy S is a guy who wrote "The book" on the Etrac and its a discrimination pattern for that machine . TTF refers to a setting on the machine that lets you hear only two tones based on the ferrous quality of the metal . Iron comes in as a low grunt and everything above iron gives a high tone . So when you run with a open screen and very little discrimination it lets you hear the iron and whats hiding underneath . But its a very chatty way to run the machine so it takes some getting used to

gheenoe78

Nov 21, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh. Gotcha. Thanks. Nice LC! Still waiting to find my first one!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well now that your hunting like that you have many sites to re-hunt. Congrats on pulling all those keepers. Looking forward to more of your posts.:thumbsup:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! A wide open screens leaves the possibilities of old sites wide open too! Congrats on sticking with it and scoring BIG!!!

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, way to "listen" to the music of the machine.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow ..That is a Great Hunt, lots of different things.. Very Good!! Congrads on all!:thumbsup:

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TTF has been the only use for us the past couple of years. I wouldn't remember how to program my e-trac otherwise. Wife thinks i'm hard of hearing now. I guess if she sounded more like a silver tone, I would listen to her more. Nice looking saves you have!!!

OP
OP
46Wheat

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I found a women who sounded like a silver tone or at least didn't complain every time I went detecting I might get remarried ....... um on second thought mabey not :laughing7:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Vino said its not for the At Pro its something for the Etrac . Andy S is a guy who wrote "The book" on the Etrac and its a discrimination pattern for that machine . TTF refers to a setting on the machine that lets you hear only two tones based on the ferrous quality of the metal . Iron comes in as a low grunt and everything above iron gives a high tone . So when you run with a open screen and very little discrimination it lets you hear the iron and whats hiding underneath . But its a very chatty way to run the machine so it takes some getting used to

Great hunt!! A little of everything,old copper,silver,a buff and love the old dog tag.
I'm still new with the AT Pro and have no clue about the Etrac but was the machine I wanted,$$$. When you first mentioned the TTF setting it sounded something like running the iron discrimination on, on the AT Pro. I started running the AT Pro like that and found it helps picking up some signals I'd other wise miss. Makes it a little easier picking out iron from possible good hits anyway. It's a lot of chatter too and usually only run it in that mode after I've already hit a area a few times.
One day I'll be able to afford the Etrac so I'll probably try that TTF setting myself.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cuff links ,did someone mention cuff links? Something i have never found they do look silver with neat design,cool.vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread