Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out for a few minutes to run an errand:

2015 (307).jpg

AND......

Since it was just a trip to the store, I didn't even take my detector!
That's right, I found all that within just a few minutes. I decided to go for a simple walk around the
parking lot, just to see what I could find by eye!

And...."NOW.....you know the REST of the story!"

:)

2015 (308).jpg

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 7

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, it gets in your blood and becomes part of who you are, doesn't it?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy moly you got it bad. Well yeah, so do I and a bunch more peeps on here, I'm just saying...

Lol. Great mini hunt!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had a war nickel for everytime someone asked what am I looking for as I walk a wash or parking lot I'd give one to OD. I'm glad I'm not the only one that looks down as they walk

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had a war nickel for everytime someone asked what am I looking for as I walk a wash or parking lot I'd give one to OD. I'm glad I'm not the only one that looks down as they walk

I've been detecting for near to 40 years, but, ya know, I have ALWAYS looked for stuff as I walked along. Kind of a natural, huh. :)

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been detecting for near to 40 years, but, ya know, I have ALWAYS looked for stuff as I walked along. Kind of a natural, huh. :)

Yes and amazing what you can eyeball once you start doing it. I've done it about 30 years myself. And I was fibbing I WOULDN'T give OD a war Nickel

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pretty neat when you don't even need your detector because you just know theres something there. So when you grab your detector it doesn't take long. Congrats!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Those two seem quite happy! The treasure does seem to throw it's self at your feet, you must have that "charismatic" treasure hunter charm!
Hope the little charm is silver! Nice on the quarter, they usually don't lay there for long.

I see you did your civil duty by removing the pointy items, I wonder if the general public ever realizes the good we do for them, with or without a detector.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...always like to just use the old orbs and take a stroll around the parking lots...I do this at stores once in awhile and also scan the parking lot at the school I work for. But, I'm always looking at the floor all year long there...and it shows...I'll have to post my finds from that alone some day. Now, I just need to convince the district grounds director to let me detect all the schools in the district. ;)

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am guilty as charged as well. Here is one from a parking lot found while I was "not watching where I was going" as my wife puts it. Tried to find the owner but to no avail. Made a believer out of my wife though.Yea, you just never know whats going to be down there.14k and 5 ct.

mup.JPG

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We keep our eyes on the prize, which ain't in the skies! Looking down doesn't mean feeling down, it means feeling lucky! Sub8-)

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eye finds are the best finds..minimal effort,maximum reward. ..I purposely take my dogs to the beaches I dig so I can find those Indian heads, lc'so and barbers that wash out..

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Those two seem quite happy! The treasure does seem to throw it's self at your feet, you must have that "charismatic" treasure hunter charm!
Hope the little charm is silver! Nice on the quarter, they usually don't lay there for long.

I see you did your civil duty by removing the pointy items, I wonder if the general public ever realizes the good we do for them, with or without a detector.

Well, I do try to be civic minded. But, my personal iron discriminator is a bit out of whack. ;) Gotta get that fixed one day! ;)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! Just the one for modern iron, you never know when you my stumble across that iron chest full of silver, gold, and jewels! It just may come in handy then! ....well there maybe a "dropped" ATM but that has problems all it's own!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread