Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only had 1/2 hour today to hunt, so decided to take the 5x8 coil back to an area of a park that produced some things.

Went straight to near an old backstop and got the wheatie. Moved over 3 feet and got the silver watch back - which I need some help on.

On the way out got a garbled high tone. Pulled a silver Washington out under a piece of iron.

Fun, quick hunt!

IMG_0685.JPG

If you zoom into the watch back, it shows what I think are a large lion passant, a small lion passant, .935 (to the left of that you can see etched 1875 HR). on the far right it looks like a crude globe or something with like a cross. hard to make out. and the bottom is 668213 with an H under it.

IMG_0689.JPG

Does anyone know the hallmarks? i looked stuff up, but looks to be confusing.

Last edited:
Upvote 10

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY THERE MAGNET I SEE YOU HAVE DRAWN ONE IN, A SILVER WATCH CASE AND THATS AFTER HALF HOUR OF HUNTING. YOU CANT BEAT THAT NICE......

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 935 is silver from Austria, Switzerland and Germany. They are the only ones who used that purity that's documented. Great finds!

OP
OP
Metal Magnet

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 935 is silver from Austria, Switzerland and Germany. They are the only ones who used that purity that's documented. Great finds!

thanks everyone!

i was hoping the different purity would help - that will get me going in the right direction. i noticed last night that there were swiss marks similar to mine.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If one can find that much in 1/2 an hour in Cincinnati parks I would really enjoy hunting with you sometime.Lets give it a try huh.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver and cool watch back.