Op Off !!!!

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Spent seven hours at the hospital Thursday, only for the hernia operation to be canceled. Oh well that's life. Went out this afternoon, back on the large pasture field. Had a few bits, the best a nice army cap badge, not sure of age maybe Victorian/first world war. Also had another medallion, this one to celebrate the coronation of Edward V11 in 1902. These were given to school children, and many were quickly lost. Other finds were copper coins, a small lighter and a nice little tap. Wonder what such a small tap was used for, maybe a sherry cask.
Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_6700.JPG
    IMG_6700.JPG
    783.5 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 11

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice tap! They rarely turn up complete. Ok, complete less the sherry cask. What a shame.... :laughing9:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're still on the pasture field, how about harvest in your area? Here we have the first barley cut down. But with temps close to 40° it's no fun to dig concrete like soil. I'll wait till the next rain....

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
You're still on the pasture field, how about harvest in your area? Here we have the first barley cut down. But with temps close to 40° it's no fun to dig concrete like soil. I'll wait till the next rain....
Harvest a while away yet. 40 that is hot, had some great thunderstorms around 3 am last night. Falling to bits at moment, what with hernia, and bad pain in right elbow. Must be getting old.:sadsmiley:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harvest a while away yet. 40 that is hot, had some great thunderstorms around 3 am last night. Falling to bits at moment, what with hernia, and bad pain in right elbow. Must be getting old.:sadsmiley:

Have that detecting elbow too but hoped to solve the probs with a Deus....what now if that doesn't work? Does it mean i'm getting old too???

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Have that detecting elbow too but hoped to solve the probs with a Deus....what now if that doesn't work? Does it mean i'm getting old too???
Mines only started with the Deus, how old are you Westfront. you weren't a zeppelin pilot were you.:laughing7:

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Not really. My Dad was a FW190 pilot. Does that count? :laughing9: I'm still under 50 so a couple years detecting left for me i hope!
Focke-Wulf pilot, bet he had some stories to tell Westfront. My dad was a desert rat, wonder if they ever met :laughing7:. Dad spent a lot of time trying to avoid, the German 88mm anti tank gun. He never had a bad word for the average German soldier.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOOK AT YA . I TAKE ONE DAY OFF TO RELAX AND BANG YOU GOT SOME MORE NEAT FINDS . LIKE THE BARREL TAP AND THE BUCKLE FOR SURE . ALL IN ALL ID SAY A GOOD DAY.

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
LOOK AT YA . I TAKE ONE DAY OFF TO RELAX AND BANG YOU GOT SOME MORE NEAT FINDS . LIKE THE BARREL TAP AND THE BUCKLE FOR SURE . ALL IN ALL ID SAY A GOOD DAY.
Cheers Sutphin, just hung the barrel tap on the outside of the garage wall (detecting wall art) :laughing7:. Robert.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain brother. My elbow has been killing me and making my left hand numb constantly. I'm manages a very stressful project at work right now which just makes things worse with long days and high stress. It felt great to get out Friday but the 8 mile paddle had my elbow screaming. Hope you have a speedy recovery my man. Don't want that hammered total down due to an injury. Walk it off champ lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Robfinds,

Very nice hunt, love the old copper coin finds! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Regards,

Doc

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
I feel your pain brother. My elbow has been killing me and making my left hand numb constantly. I'm manages a very stressful project at work right now which just makes things worse with long days and high stress. It felt great to get out Friday but the 8 mile paddle had my elbow screaming. Hope you have a speedy recovery my man. Don't want that hammered total down due to an injury. Walk it off champ lol
8 mile paddle !!!, no wonder your elbow hurts Ahab :laughing7:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8 mile paddle !!!, no wonder your elbow hurts Ahab :laughing7:

I go where the research takes me my friend. That's what separates me from most. I have no sense lol

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
I go where the research takes me my friend. That's what separates me from most. I have no sense lol
Well they do say , "where's there's no sense, there's no feeling" obviously your elbow would disagree :laughing7:. Good luck Ahab, keep searching.:thumbsup:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made a good day out of it! Nice finds congrats!

Hope all goes well for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread