🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last month in saltwater on cape cod
waters weren't ideal but made the best of it
had a hard time finding the old pilings area with visibility not being the greatest -
2nd target was a large hit - I clicked from all metal to ID mode to see if it was large iron or something worth digging
ID went low -mid then high with each sweep over it - sometimes that means more than one object - so I started scooping
bout a foot down I hit an old brick - old bricks from up here - early ones - have metal in them and go off like silver dimes
I removed it - signal was bigger than that - scooped down another 6 inches and got a conglomerate - ended up being an old pocket knife
rechecked hole and got another signal was surprised to see large silver disc in my scoop - walking liberty half
pays to dig it all -
surprise for the day (well there were 2) - got a faint signal in the rocks that were under where the wharf would have been
this is where I got 2 Large cents last month - saw a copper disc and I got excited - thought it might be a half cent but then thought 2 cent piece
bingo - 2 center - my first from saltwater
not to long after I got another nice signal not to far from what was left from the wharf pilings and came up with another old coin - it was black and I swiped with my thumb
and saw one cent and then noticed its thickness - oh yea - a fatty ...1863 and it came out in beautiful shape - it was XF when lost
I did get an old gold band - a older silver ring - brass old bracelet
keepers I ended up with
1942 walk lib half
1941 sil. quarter
1943 sil.quarter
1939 merc
1936 merc
1946 sil.Roos.
1945-P sil. nickel
Buffalo nickel
2 cent piece
1863 IH penny
got an old brass wedding band (probably form a fisherman working on the wharf)
more bronze nails/spikes ...more lead fishing net weights ...some brass sail grommets and a large rosette
amongst other old stuff
looking forward to going back - there's a lot of large iron out there - can be tough to work
but I know there are more goodies under and next to some of the junk
hoping to get some period silver eventually
I know 2c is rough but still cool for me to find in the water -have gotten good ones on land
but finding this one and another fatty (3rd one from there) gives hope for what other oldies may be out there

after light cleaning

junk minus larger conglomerates

Upvote 15
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy cow another great hunt. I dream of a hunt like that. You pulled plenty of targets that day...

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, are you sure you didn't use a dredge for all those finds?! I must say I absolutely look forward to seeing your posts - always great finds and a good story

Steve

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow another great hunt. I dream of a hunt like that. You pulled plenty of targets that day...
I did not mention it - except for part about the walking half -but a lot of my hits are multiple targets in one hole
I will get an old fishing weight - check hole and get an old bronze nail - recheck and get a coin
On one of my last hunts there - I pulled 6 targets from one hole - one was a coin - one was a gold ring and the other 4 were misc junk
there is tuff on top of stuff here - lead and iron all over the place on top of everything - so not easy place to hunt

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread