The "Firsts" keep coming!

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had some spare time before work and decided to hit the tot-lots at a nearby park/sports field complex. First target was a British penny, my first foreign coin medal detection. Second target was a Bahama penny, and a few targets later I had a spill of 4 Peruvian coins. Never realized that park was such an international destination!

1438152168722.jpg

Then at work I swung on my lunch break. Eye-spied a small ring and thought it might be my first gold, but no such luck - pretty sure it is copper. No marks to even suggest it is plated.

1438152537411.jpg

Just before lunch came to an end, I got an odd signal - shallow and jumping all over between iron junk and a nickel. I'd read some people saying some types of gold ring will do that, plus I figured even if it was trash, it was in my park. Do I dug and out came my first class ring!

1438152566421.jpg

1438152591094.jpg

No markings to indicate silver or gold, so I'm thinking it is stainless or something. Name is inscribed on the inside, so I'm working or tracking down the owner.

Upvote 7

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great collection of lunchtime finds.Looks like someone had been into someone's coin collection I've found a few highschool rings from the 1940's to my most recent 2013 but have never seen one with that kind of design. Its really unique. What year is it? You'll never be sorry if you can track down the owner or family. Good Luck

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did a lot better then I ever do in the local park!!

Foreign coins and rings, those rings don't have to be gold or silver to be cool. That class ring is Sweet all the way!!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice group of lunch hunt finds

OP
OP
AugustMoose87

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Class ring returned!! :thumbsup: It was a 2011, and he lost it the same summer he got it, so he was pretty happy to get it back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread