rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the run off 002.JPG the run off 003.JPG the run off 004.JPG
I started the day by knocking on a few doors. The first two, nobody was home. The last door I knocked on I asked permission to metal detect the property. The home owner was a little odd and wasn't sold on me detecting there. So, I asked about the curb strip in front of his house. He told me that it's city property and have at it. So I did. I found a couple wheats and a silver Washington out in front of his house. The strip ran out in front of another house so I continued on. Not to long after, a man approached me. I took my head phones off. He said " what are you doing on my property"? I replied" as far as I know this is city property". He said " Uhh It is but I have to maintain it and I don't want you here digging holes
and doing damage". He said all of that without even to bother to look and see for him self that I know what I'm doing and had done no damage. So I replied " Yah, but It's still city property, right?" He went on to say " Yah but I don't want you here and I'll take it up with the city if I have to." I told him I wanted no trouble even though I wanted to say go right ahead, I know my rights. No need to draw attention to myself especially bad attention. So he told me to get moving and I did. This guy was a real piece of work! Let me know what you think

Upvote 5

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose you did the right thing, but I sure bet that I know what you were thinking and what you wanted to tell him.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been ran off once; the fellow came out hooting, hollering and cussing which really startled me. Quite improper, so I told him "Well, there are plenty of other public right-of-way curb strips to detect." then moved just barely beyond his "property" and started detecting again, with him glaring at me with the impotent rage of 1000 dead White Dwarf stars. :laughing7:

Nice silver BTW!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly why ill never knock on strangers doors or do curb strips in residential neighborhoods. Too many sh%&y people in this world

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. What a tool!!!! We haven't knocked on too many doors doors yet. There is always someone that will never be happy!!! Nice quarter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread