First weekend with the CTX ~ Gold and Multiple Silvers! + My First Seated!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I fried my ATP a couple weeks ago, I decided to take the plunge and buy the CTX.

I was able to take it out this weekend to break it in, So I met up with my buddy JCobb and we hit a local lake around 5am.

and within the first hour or so, I found a nice little 2gram womens 10K ring!..I was stoked! I know alot of it was probally luck, but its great getting a new machine and finding something the first day out.

The next day we found a small local road tear out, and thought it was a good idea to hunt, Midday in the direct sun..lol

I ended up scoring a Indian Head that i haven't gotten the date off of yet.

Then I got a nice 1904 V Nick, which came out glowing green. We took a break to get out of the heat, and not 10 mins after we were back at it.

I found a 1900 Barber Dime, a few feet from that I got a 1923 Merc..and just a few feet from that...I score my VERY FIRST SEATED!

I was in complete shock!, it came out solid back and was super thin. But it turned out to be a 1875 Seated Dime

My buddy ended up finding a 1883 V nick as well...this place just kept on giving. I think out of all those coins we only pulled 1 wheat each.

All I can say is this Machine Rocks! That seated dime hit so hard on the machine and gave a perfect 12-44.....where as the barber never budged from a 12-41.

But who cares about numbers! IMG_2013.JPG IMG_2014.JPG IMG_2015.JPG IMG_2016.JPG IMG_2018.JPG IMG_2017.JPG IMG_2019.JPG IMG_2009.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 19

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Congrats on the IH, silver, gold and seated! All nice finds!

You were working hard for the "money" and ring!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very good Weekend with the New ctx, Congratz on the fist Seated Dime, I know you been hunting coins etc, hard since I first started on T-net. & In that D-FW HEAT!

Just Wondering why did you fire the At-Pro.?
I been thinking about getting one for a couple years now ( for water) even shallow 6" water as I know eventually I would drop the XLT 0r Tejon in the "Drink" while digging a Target.
Did you get a Good Deal on the CTX , ?
Sorry for all the Questions.
Davers

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very good Weekend with the New ctx, Congratz on the fist Seated Dime, I know you been hunting coins etc, hard since I first started on T-net. & In that D-FW HEAT!

Just Wondering why did you fire the At-Pro.?
I been thinking about getting one for a couple years now ( for water) even shallow 6" water as I know eventually I would drop the XLT 0r Tejon in the "Drink" while digging a Target.
Did you get a Good Deal on the CTX , ?
Sorry for all the Questions.
Davers

Thanks Davers!

I loved my ATP...but the last time I went water hunting, just one wave went over the top and it just died on the spot. I figured it was because it was like 4 years old and probally wasnt sealed good.

I borrowed a buddies (ATP) the next day and the same thing happen to his...I never even submerged it. I heard there is an issue with the gasket on the faceplate.

If you do get one, I would make sure it stays out of the heat, and never leave in the car. I think thats how mine got screwed.

And yea, I bought the CTX from Big Boys hobbies and was VERY pleased with the price and how fast it got to me. I literally called them the day mine broke and by the time i got back home from the weekend trip it was there waiting.

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Man I'm still in disbelief!!! What was crazy was the three silver dimes in a row. Like I said yesterday this weekend will be hard to beat. Congrats on the bucket list and personal banner find.

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
ps. I am still super jealous, but I knew it would happen eventually lol

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!! Enjoy the CTX it's an excellent machine, I use that and a DEUS. Enjoy the CTX and work it low and slow. Congrats on the nice coins!

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice three silvers. Still haven't found a seated...or a barber

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Congrats on the seated! I know you've been dying for one for a long time. Where did you find it? Lol.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! that is so cool, congrats, I'm jelly, lol

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG THERE DIGGIN THAT CTX SEEMS TO BE KICKEN . NICE FINDS FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH THE NEW MACHINE.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those nice finds. :thumbsup: It seems like you are learning the minelab quickly. What a way to break in a new detector.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id say that's how you break in a new machine, heck of a job!!, good job on the seated!!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds!!

Bet you had your AT Pro back and never bought the CTX. LOL

I just got a CTX also and from Big Boys too, same as you great price and super fast delivery. I still have my AT but after using the CTX doubt I use it again other then a back up. Great machine!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread