Thanks to crazy mowing - 2 Silver 1sts at the park!

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to crazy mowing - 2 Silver 1st's at the park!

Went to the park I've been detecting that was once a old camping area. They mow on a regular scheduled, but the mowed areas are surrounded by deep ivy patches that tangles when you try to swing close to the ground.

Well, I guess a bee or wasp distracted the mower operator as there was about a ragged 3'X 9' swath cut into the Ivy that wasn't been there before - well heck, gotta swing it!

Holy Guacamole! (insert excited noise)

IMG_0389 - Copy.JPG IMG_0390 - Copy.JPG

All three found about 2' from each other - A cool toll token, first double silver day and old silver to boot.

Wow, just wow - I felt like I just kissed Daniel Craig!

I wonder if a little bribery to the mower operator is in order? :)

Thanks for looking and HH

Upvote 23

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would for sure try it again in late fall or even winter when there is less ground cover to work around. That patch around the ivy may be loaded

Very true , Depending on the size of the patch.
IMO The OP likely found a 2 Quarter & Token Spill.

Some of my best finds have come from English Ivy patches, I Loathe it tho, Seen it so thick where the Roots/Vines were 4+ inches Thick on the Ground 'Making Digging through the mat Impossible.' .....Reminds me of the movie " Jumunjai" =Bad spelling .. The ,Late. Robyn Williams Movie, a pretty cool one at that.

Sorry for the Rant.
OP killer SLQ, & Barber , Token Finds.
Davers

OP
OP
Molewacker

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Davers -

Add me to the Loathe Ivy crew - stuff doesn't die back in winter.

I've tried using older GIS photos to try to see the original size of the cleared areas used for camping in the past, but evergreen trees block the view from above. So it comes down to working my way back from the existing mowed areas, hoping that I get to spots that were clear camping ground before the ivy creeped in.

No luck with historic ground level photos of the camp when it was running - just gotta beep and hope for the best!

Thanks for the input!!! HH

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great day u had, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread