New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cast my banner vote, hell I still have not found any coins in the 1600's. Great finds buddy, I meant it from the beginning. Did you think I was being sarcastic?

OP
OP
slowwevo

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I cast my banner vote, hell I still have not found any coins in the 1600's. Great finds buddy, I meant it from the beginning. Did you think I was being sarcastic?

I thought you were joking at first,I think it was the timing too,i didn't expect ppl to respond so fast,but regardless,I do appreciate everyones comments

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you kidding?! Wow, that's an amazing find. There's not a person on this forum your find wouldn't knock the socks off of....

Just a question though...how do you know it's the third oldest site in America?

Unfortunately it's not the oldest find in the US as one comment said. I remember reading a post about a guy who found a (genuine) roman coin in a parking lot. Lol

Anyway, banner find. I'm putting in my vote

Steve

OP
OP
slowwevo

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
just a snippet from wiki
The first European known to have explored the coasts of Florida was the Spanish explorer and governor of Puerto Rico, Juan Ponce de León, who likely ventured in 1513 as far north as the vicinity of the future St. Augustine, naming the peninsula he believed to be an island "La Florida" and claiming it for the Spanish crown.[10][11] Prior to the founding of St. Augustine in 1565, several earlier attempts at European colonization in what is now Florida were made by both Spain and France, but all failed
now it is well established,at least one Portuguese explorer beat de leon by a decade

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
well scrap I never claimed it was the oldest coin found in America,its just my oldest,as to the site,you are aware florida has the oldest settlements right?
well scrap I never claimed it was the oldest coin found in America,its just my oldest,as to the site,you are aware florida has the oldest settlements right?

You never claimed it was the oldest coin found in America, a comment on this thread did, in jest. Thanks for the wiki anecdote.

Steve

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have rules that are enforced, anyone has issues with members address it with mod in private, NOT on the forum....

The assumption was also WRONG....

Thanks Treasure Hunter! That crap has been going on too long. I guess we need official, passport pics to go with our avatar now. Childish people these days.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eric Your officially Warned !

No more of this crap in members Posts !!!

Oh...man, I miss all the fun, I bet it was a great picture.

Back on to subject, can the OP give us more details on the coin itself? Denomination, mint etc Maybe a link to info on this coin? I know nothing!

OP
OP
slowwevo

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh...man, I miss all the fun, I bet it was a great picture.

Back on to subject, can the OP give us more details on the coin itself? Denomination, mint etc Maybe a link to info on this coin? I know nothing!
sorry I have been busy, if you look on the first page ,the info is there,but i'll post it again, 1497-1504 2 real -Seville mint-

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Very nice! Great detail on that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread