🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Headed out at 4am this morning for the 2 hr trek to Philadelphia, I wasn't meeting George til after 930 so I figured get to the school by 630 and hit it for 3 hrs, I managed 10 wheats, a 1912 Barber, a cool sterling ring/pendant thingy and a really cool Philadelphia Police button. 20150826_204722.jpg 20150826_204717.jpg Found out the button is from Waterbury Button Co. and its from the 1930s. Heres the take from the school: 20150826_100755.jpg George met me at the school and we left shortly thereafter to his Mill site where he scored 23 silvers on a previous hunt. The caretakers where there and invited us inside, very cool looking inside, I felt like I literally stepped back in time, anyway, we both had a pretty good day there, George got a nice pile of silver including 2 war nickels and a sweet seated dime, I managed 2 mercs, 1 roosie, and 2 OD nickels, yes that's right folks, between George and I we got 4 ODs from one hunt!!! ITS AN OD QUADFECTA!!! lol sorry dave:tongue3: I also got a nice button from there as well, big round one with the shank broken off the back, 20150826_114153.jpg 20150826_204730.jpg 20150826_204733.jpg plus a 1906 IH. Tried one last place after lunch for an hour, found 2 more wheats and a skeleton key, Sadly I left an amazing 11-43 at about 6 inches under a massive tree root, it was a beautiful, loud steady signal that wasn't bouncing back and forth, couldn't get under or around the darn root to get it. 20150826_204932.jpg 20150826_195901.jpg 20150826_204628.jpg

7 total silvers, ended up beating my best silver day if you count the ring (1 ring, 6 coins). and My 3rd silver dime trifecta this season! All in all a GREAT day, did I ever mention that I love Philadelphia? lol!! Thank you again George!!

thanks for looking and hh!!

Upvote 22

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice array of finds!! Great silver, but I love the top row of buttons, charms, and relics the best :thumbsup:

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was hoping to see this post from the other half of your hunt with George, looks like you guys cleaned up nicely. That flat button predates most of your finds by 100 years...can't wait to see what else is hiding in that dirt.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet day!!

It would have been an Awesome day along with just your school hunt!! Then to hit the mill site and pile up the finds all over again....Awesome!!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris it sure looks like the 4am wakeup call and the drive paid off. Great hunt man. Just don't understand why you didn't show on the video the Order of Protection that was served on you by the city of Philly for taking all that Silver back home with you. I wish Dave had been able to hunt with you and George today so he could have witnessed those 4 OD Nickels being dug. Great hunt and video man

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Chris, I can't remember last time I got up at four in the morning. You guys should stop being so mean to old dude, he is just saving up luck for a really big find.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great day you had! You're lucky to have a friend like George that will share his sites.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you and your dad had a great hunt. That's a nice early button from the late 1700s. Some nice colonial stuff will pop out of that dirt

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That big button is awesome! That would be my best find if I could manage one like that. I knew you'd go back to that school, but I figured it would be AFTER George left for his nap. That ring/pendant is odd. Wonder if someone had a jeweler add the loop to a ring later?

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Chris, I can't remember last time I got up at four in the morning. You guys should stop being so mean to old dude, he is just saving up luck for a really big find.
thanks brad, dave knows were only busting his chops, if he cant get out with us we gotta pick on him a little

Chris it sure looks like the 4am wakeup call and the drive paid off. Great hunt man. Just don't understand why you didn't show on the video the Order of Protection that was served on you by the city of Philly for taking all that Silver back home with you. I wish Dave had been able to hunt with you and George today so he could have witnessed those 4 OD Nickels being dug. Great hunt and video man
thanks tyler, it was a good day, I told George if dave was able to come he definitely would have broke the nickel slump for sure

Sweet day!!

It would have been an Awesome day along with just your school hunt!! Then to hit the mill site and pile up the finds all over again....Awesome!!
Thanks DS, I really like that school, it takes a lot of patience but its a great site!

Was hoping to see this post from the other half of your hunt with George, looks like you guys cleaned up nicely. That flat button predates most of your finds by 100 years...can't wait to see what else is hiding in that dirt.
Thank you VM, it is my favorite find of the day for sure, I thought it was a coin at first but this is better

Very nice array of finds!! Great silver, but I love the top row of buttons, charms, and relics the best :thumbsup:
Thanks Erik, I was fortunate to be able to hit this spot with George, broke me out of a slump of sorts

Wow you and your dad had a great hunt. That's a nice early button from the late 1700s. Some nice colonial stuff will pop out of that dirt
Thanks Abe, how bout that dad of mine huh?, he even bought me a happy meal for lunch, he wore the paper hat it came with though lol!!

That big button is awesome! That would be my best find if I could manage one like that. I knew you'd go back to that school, but I figured it would be AFTER George left for his nap. That ring/pendant is odd. Wonder if someone had a jeweler add the loop to a ring later?
thanks dave, man I wish you were able to come with us, you know me with that school, I can stay there all day !, the button is my favorite, and I agree that ring/pendant is odd, next time hopefully you can go with us!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Chris. Glad you had your best silver day.
It was fun hunting with you.
I bet your tiered today????

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done Chris. The dime trifecta is very nice. You gents had quite the day.

** Four OD nicks... where the heck was Dave?

PS: I almost forgot, I hate you and Vino!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! That's a lot of silver!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great day of digging and some nice finds to boot

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Chris. Glad you had your best silver day.
It was fun hunting with you.
I bet your tiered today????
thanks again george, it was fun, gotta do it again sometime

Cool vid, you guys did very well....:icon_thumright:
thanks, it was a pretty neat site, alot of history, the best is yet to come I think

Very well done Chris. The dime trifecta is very nice. You gents had quite the day.

** Four OD nicks... where the heck was Dave?

PS: I almost forgot, I hate you and Vino!
thanks tom, dave wasn't able to make it, his nickel curse would've ended if he was there for sure. And yes I think I've heard you say you've hated us before lol! !

Congratz! That's a lot of silver!
thanks!, alotta fun too

Congrats on a great day of digging and some nice finds to boot
thanks 46, it was a fun day, neat site too

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like George did you a solid and put you onto another productive spot. I'd say you guys had a ball with that continuing silver fest.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like George did you a solid and put you onto another productive spot. I'd say you guys had a ball with that continuing silver fest.

Thanks bill, it was alot of fun, I owe george a big favor, he's put me on good sites twice this year, that 1728 spanish would've NEVER ended up under my coil back home, this site is neat, it's real old yet gives up modern silvers, we both managed a nice button each, george thinks mine is 1700s, that's my favorite find of the day

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video Chris. Those two buttons are awesome. It looked like a lot of fun and you and George really killed it again. -Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions