16 russian imperial silver coins from dumpster

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
here coins i found dumpster yesterday. somebody had thrown these nice coins to scrap metal dumpster. silver russian finnish coins and two copper pennies from trash. also us 1 cent and polish and hungarian coins. also went detecting found two copper coins and one nickel coin and some ww1 battlefield junk.

Attachments

• IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 5

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on saving them.

Amazing how many idiots are out there. Who throws away money.:tongue3:

OP
OP
Aquila

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
thanks. i found even 100 euros worth kauhava knife and silver spoon from same plastic bag in metal dumpster.. too many metal detectorists in finland have to go to garbage cans instead.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well , treasure is where you find it - we have our local guy (UnderMiner) who is scoring ridiculously great stuff from dumpsters
and curbside rubbish bins - based on just the finds that he's posted here - I believe he would be wasting his time with a metal
detector . Cheers !

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well , treasure is where you find it - we have our local guy (UnderMiner) who is scoring ridiculously great stuff from dumpsters
and curbside rubbish bins - based on just the finds that he's posted here - I believe he would be wasting his time with a metal
detector . Cheers !

I think he is wasting his time working.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is amazing! It's so fascinating to think what those coins must have seen back in their day, maybe the October revolution, perhaps Lenin himself may have once handled them! Considering how little the younger generations (and some in the older) know about coins and treasure I'm not surprised you found them tossed in a bin. I'm sure if we all knew the actual number of treasures that get chucked to the recyclers on a daily basis we'd all be taking a peek in them :treasurechest::thumbsup:

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader, have I ever told you my best find, all declared trash by the executor of an estate?.....Joe McDonough

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions