Detected an area I know so well today

scavanau

Jul 7, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Ace-250, AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out to detect a different spot today, my deer hunting woods. Years ago was farm pasture, now is mature hardwoods. Unfortunately its being logged again (2nd time I've seen) and appears the new land owner is looking to build... Oh well, it was a good 35 year run in those woods. Many deer taken by myself, son, and cousins.

Pic 1 - I believe is a tool for tightening fencing.
Pics 2 & 3 - Why would you bend horseshoes? I'm guessing they were used as hooks for something.
Pic 4 - Oxen shoe? With nail.
Pics 5 & 6 - Triangular plate with 3 holes. Each corner bent in as to wrap the end of a tool? Any ideas?

fencepuller.JPG horseshoes.JPG

horseshoes2.JPG oxenshoe.JPG

plate1.JPG plate2.JPG

Upvote 3

plugcutter84

Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Sorry to hear that site might get developed, I know how that is. I believe the first pic is part of an ox harness.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
scavanau

scavanau

Jul 7, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Ace-250, AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the ID of the harness. I found that years ago while hunting but didn't want to tote it around so I left it on a rock. Forgot to go back and retrieve it. When I did, it was gone. I had seen something similar as a decoration in a store. Was told it was for fencing.

Best guess on the age of the harness? Period it was most popular?

Last edited:
OP
OP
scavanau

scavanau

Jul 7, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Ace-250, AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The item in photo #1 is a horse harness hame, part of a horse collar used when pulling farm equipment etc. The triangular part is a sickle mower blade but was bent for some reason.

You're spot on with both. The blade has 3 holes in it. 2 are the same size and equidistant. The 3rd is smaller and off center telling me it got repurposed. Hence the odd corner bends.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange......

Top Member Reactions