HELP! PLEASE!

I need some help on adding pics. I have a beautiful picture of a find that I was going to share. First of all, I was told that I need to reduce the pixels (800x800 max.) I did and the pic isn't as nice (looks squashed) O.K. so I tried adding that pic and now it tells me that my pic's size is too big (256 KB max). mine is at 301 KB. How do you reduce the file size? Any pointers on reducing pixels so that the pic doesn't look squashed? Can't anything on computers be simple!!! ARRRHHHH!!
I would appreciate any help, thanks.
Dave.

Upvote 0

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
well... depends on the graphics program.... like in corel, you can just go and resample to 75%.... what program are you using? that would be a geat help....

8)

OP
OP
D
If anyone knows anything about the program ACDSee 5.0, thats what I have and any pointers would help. Thanks alot.
Dave.

G

geatley

Quick pointers on pictures.
1. Save color pictures in jpeg format much small file size than .gif or bmp.
Black and white shots are smaller in the .gif format
2 If your software allows it ,make sure "aspect ration" or the like is checked. This will reduce size so that the picture doesn't "squish"
3. Like in the other post, use the % resize it will accomplish much the same as the aspect ratio.
4. Last put not least look at the DPI (Dots per inch) Setting. A file saved as 100 DPI will be much smaller than one saved at 600 dpi. and when viewed on screen will show little diffrence because a screen shot is at 72 dpi. One note: Start off with a large DPI when taking or scanning the original picture then reduce it. You will get much better results.
Hope that helps.
BTW I use Jasc Paint shop pro and its real user friendly. You can download a trial copy from their web site and there is a free version floating around.
http://jasc.com/
Can't wait to see all your great finds!
Gordon

OP
OP
D
Thanks everyone for your useful info. I have already posted some pics and have the general idea now.
Thanks again, Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions