Coming to an end.

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
Well all good things must end. I've been diving this pond for years. Finds where very plentiful. Pulling lots of old coins and jewelry. But now they are getting few and far. Found one 1948 silver quarter a 48 And 41 nickel and a 38 wheat vent today. Vis was 3 feet. Not to bad. Gonna miss this place when the finds are done. I've pulled over a few hundred silver coins and maybe 20 plus rinds and other jewelry out of this place. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441397760.462298.jpg

Upvote 8

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good things don't end, they might move down the street a bit though. :)

It is such a blessing to have a good spot, that's not too far away and can be reasonably dependable. Makes it so much easier to plan.

But, if one door closes....... you know.

As the barber says, "NEXT!" ;)

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a CW site that we have been hunting hard on and off for almost two years. I'm sure this was a virgin site. When we started, the site was loaded with relics, button's, bullets and the like. It's been a blast but the finds our starting to thin out. Some trips our better than others but I don't think you ever get it all. Just when I think it's about done We'll do real well on ground that we have pounded. There are so many factors involved... Ground condition, weather, LUCK, and my attention span. (LOL) You never get it all. Keep the faith!!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can relate a bit... I had a honey hole yard near me, and hunt after hunt I found quality keepers.... then the house sold to a new owner, got the "no thanks" after that.

Congrats on your finds, especially like the silver quarter.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know how it feels when a good well runs dry...the I get to that day when there's nada...boooo even after running a few different machines and nothing....it hurts it's like somebody close to u died or something....

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would leave it alone a while and hit it next year. You may be surprised.

I have a site that I left alone for maybe two months and when it dried out I found my one and only 179? Liberty Cap LC in a spot I KNOW I pounded numerous times.

Things are always changing. Plus, it sounds like you've killed it at that spot already. That silver Washington ain't too shabby. I haven't found a single silver coin in over a year now. Gotta' find some "new" old spots.

So yeah, the way I see it, that glass (or pond) is STILL half full. Just walk away for a while and hunt somewhere else.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like there is still some finds though......I think she's messing with ya :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread