Spidey and His Money Web

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went detecting with my dad this morning at the old park I've been working on. We got ran out after about an hour by the "Mosquito Patrol". Found the "Girl Power" pendant there. Man, they were thicker than molasses at the North Pole. Headed to a tot lot and got skunked except for that red fellow in the pictures (It's out of one of those kids meals). Went to another school and picked up about 10 coins. That's where I got my 100 Peso coin. It's prior to their revaluation of the Peso, so it's only worth about 10 cents. Called it a day around 10 and dropped my dad off at his house and headed home to the wife. Got home, and she is out seeing Pirates 3, so what am I to do? Well, back to the car, and to a school that is deep in a neighborhood and attached to a large park. Got 1 coin and the silver bauble on the playground then headed out into the park. Only did around 10 trees, but that's where the majority of my days finds came from. 1 coin drop of 2 nickels and 3 quarters. This is my biggest day, 41 1/2 coins and $2.86 in Clad (not including the Peso). All the coins I popped. I've got that down to a science now thank god. Hardly ever have to turn any sod now.

HH
Neal

Attachments

• Spidey and Money Web1.jpg
    Spidey and Money Web1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 100 Peso.jpg
    100 Peso.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 212
  • Silver Rose Small.jpg
    Silver Rose Small.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Girl Power Small.jpg
    Girl Power Small.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 214
  • Coins small.jpg
    Coins small.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 0

Smokey

Feb 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
Great Finds NealB!!!
Sorry To Say That Those $100 Pesos Are Not Even Worht Those 10 Cents, It Was Taken Out
Of Circulation I Think In Late 80's Early 90's.
55TXBANDIT​

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neal, nice finds! Nice bunch of clad. Do you use a probe to help you pop your coins?

HH

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
I hate those 100 Peso coins. You flip over that clod of dirt, and
you see this nice, thick gold reeded edge, and it gives you heart
palpatations, and it's nearly worthless. Be a good coin to try to
make one of those "spoon rings".

HH Slabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread