A LITTLE SILVER AND A "DECODER" THINGY

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much to report this week. A friend and I got out to another old train town that has gone by the wayside; Flanigan Nevada. Have had a little luck here in the past, so we headed out early to try.

Not much in the start. A wheat here and there. Lots of trash and little metal buttons. Decided to hit the old depot area and my buddy finds his first silver with his new Deus. A 1945-S OD nickel. As i'm walking away from his find, I hear a great tone at the same time I see the round disc on the ground. Cool! Nothing much but a 47-S Rosie which I will take any day than a day with silver. The about five feet away I get a solid high tone and dig up what I though was a kids toy badge. Brush off the dirt and it has a date. 1936 with the letters ROA. I must admit I had no idea what it was.

A few hours later, my son shows up and I show him our finds. He immediately tells me its a decoder thingy. We get home and sure enough; its a Radio Orphan Annie decoder fob. We haven't found one of these before and it did spin till I pulled the secret compartment off the back hoping it held a dime or something. :BangHead: Nope, no $$$ Oh well. Anyway, we'll be back out tomorrow....Thanks for looking and have a great day swinging!!!

flanigan1.jpg

Attachments

• flanigan2.jpg
    flanigan2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 120
  • flanigan3.jpg
    flanigan3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 23
OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs. Did you have to dig up a layer at this site before you detected? Seems like you and the Deus are getting along just fine. :thumbsup:

Nope!!!! So far so good!!! Very happy and were going to hit an old Tavern this Sat in a new spot!!! This will be a good test!!!:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread