New hunting areas...

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Did some research and found out that there are a lot more parks in my area then I thought. Quite a few of these parks are tucked away in small neighborhoods or out of the way areas. A county map of all the playgrounds/parks/schools pin points all these areas, complete with driving directions.

I have had this directory for some time and never took the time to really look at it.

My total for today is 20 quarters, 10 dimes, 3 nickels and 14 Memorial pennies. Just clad, but quite a bit of it.

Thanks for looking. Happy Memorial Day.

Attachments

• Memorial Day Finds.JPG
    Memorial Day Finds.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neighborhood parks and city parks are usually quite numerous.There are more than 50 city parks in my area alone.All are legal to detect too.I have noticed though,that the sand and woodchip areas (tot lots) in many of these parks are being replaced with astro turf.I don't understand why.Seems like a waste of money to me.Modern clad is the main find and it does add up pretty quickly,but you do find an occasional piece of jewelry lost by mom.I did find a '43 steel cent one time at the bottom of a slide.Nice finds and Happy Memorial day to you too Ray. :)

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great deal. Lots of parks means lots of finds. Keep good notes, and you might be able to work out the best reward/restock time ratio. I'm going to have to start hitting parks further from my house and comfort zone.

HH.

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Sheldius said:
Great deal. Lots of parks means lots of finds. Keep good notes, and you might be able to work out the best reward/restock time ratio. I'm going to have to start hitting parks further from my house and comfort zone.

HH.

One thing I did not mention was that some of these parks are located in ' the inner city' neighborhoods. It does not bother me to be at these locations, even though I do get some funny looks. One park gave up most of the quarters I posted. It was a rather small tot lot, but had numerous coins to give up. Kind of figure no one has been hunting this particular park. Most of the neighboring cities are all about the same distance away and I have been going to these places ( or passing through them) during my hunting excursions anyway. Kind of a win win for me. Just have more parks to visit on my rotation schedule.

HH
Ray S

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
diggummup said:
Neighborhood parks and city parks are usually quite numerous.There are more than 50 city parks in my area alone.All are legal to detect too.I have noticed though,that the sand and woodchip areas (tot lots) in many of these parks are being replaced with astro turf.I don't understand why.Seems like a waste of money to me.Modern clad is the main find and it does add up pretty quickly,but you do find an occasional piece of jewelry lost by mom.I did find a '43 steel cent one time at the bottom of a slide.Nice finds and Happy Memorial day to you too Ray. :)

Same thing is happening here. Some of the tot lots are having thier wood chips replace by recycled rubber. It looks like a giant carpet made of tiny bits of rubber that are somehow bonded together. All I can say is BUMMER.

Detecting the county parks is no problem. Hope it stays that way.

HH
Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread