I Dont Know What Year It Is In China...

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Don't Know What Year It Is In China...

But, for my detecting year - It is the Year of the Quarter.

Bagged another silver quarter last week between the rain storms.
It was the first coin I dug.
I went back to an old site that I never finished a few years ago, and started off in the exact same location where I left off (only had about a 50 yard by 1 yard area left to detect).
It was a public ball field area/park that has been just about everything over the past 130 years (Don't they know what else to do with public lawn?). Quite trashy as well.
Last time 3 years ago I left with 2 silver dimes as I departed the park under an Autumn sunset, and this time bagged the '34 Washington relatively right off the bat.(Same year as the one I got the week before! :confused::o)Can't believe I scored another. Usually, it is silver dimes. Now, I can't find a one!

930a.jpg

930b.jpg

On a more sobering note the below pic was from a fairgrounds hunt the next day in the light drizzle:

930c.jpg

One in the middle is a Sacagawea (my third for the year).

And, on a somber note spent some time today between an old ball field and a community park (both over 100 years old at least), and scored a handful of change. Not even going to post the pics.
I know the general consensus is that no place is ever truly hunted out. But, I would beg to differ on that, as both of these places I have never been able to raise more than a wheat cent.
Some might consider a wheat penny a sign of not being hunted out, but I can find them in pocket change still (here and there). Was not able to pull anything out of there I consider a keeper.
Maybe with a pulse induction machine it would not be hunted out-who knows, or if they stripped the top 10" of soil. But, realistically I would have to say these two sites are hunted out. Only reason I went was with all the rain I thought PERHAPS it would make a difference in signal detection/strength. It did not. I am an optimist but also a realist.

Good luck all!

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread