Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh,, the price we must pay to be Treasure Hunters. Yesterday, before I was about to swing the Coil,, I thought to myself,, what a pleasure the cooler weather is to hunt in. Less or no humidity, and no need for bug spray with the flying critters just about gone. Well just about, but Not All and not Completely Gone. Before the day was out, a SKEETER would find my arm, and a BEE would stick me in the thumb. I haven't been stung by a bee since I was a kid. Probably because I learned the hard way not to mess with them.

The hunt itself was another killer hunt with lots of targets, plenty of good targets, topped off with 3 more silver coins. This is my third trip to this spot and it has been very productive. On most sites,, I'm fighting my way through the iron that may be masking the silver. Today I was digging through the Clad to get to the Silver. The last 3 trips to this section of this park has produced 492 coins which includes today's take of 147.
So I guess a few bug bites will be the price I may have to pay before the winter chases these pests away.
My 2015 Silver Coin Count is now at 132 coins

My finds for the day were: 32q, 44d, 6n, 52 memorials, 10 Wheat Pennies, (28, 41, 42, 44, 45, 50, 51, 54d, 55, & 58), a 1918 Mercury Dime and 2 Silver Washington Quarters, (34 & 42). I also recovered a knife, some junk jewelry, some keys, a cufflink, some brass and a marble. Love those Marbles. Lord knows I need them

IMG_1738.JPG IMG_1736.JPG IMG_1737.JPG IMG_1735.JPG IMG_1740.JPG IMG_1739.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 7

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds against the wind!
My next good silver day I am titling the Finds Caption in your name! Ha!
Just curious though, how do they feel in New York City about all the plugs you just cut in one day like that?
Most parks would freak, but I know you have a permit system up there as you have indicated in past posts.
Nice silver and one heck of a clad count!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds against the wind!
My next good silver day I am titling the Finds Caption in your name! Ha!
Just curious though, how do they feel in New York City about all the plugs you just cut in one day like that?
Most parks would freak, but I know you have a permit system up there as you have indicated in past posts.
Nice silver and one heck of a clad count!!! :thumbsup:
There are a lot of rules that come with the Permit. One of them addresses the size of a permissible digging tool. It can not be longer than 12 inches, (including handle), and the blade cannot be more than 4 inches wide. The Lesche Digger is good. I have a Predator shovel but I save that for hunting farm fields or the woods. I don't use it in any parks anywhere. The Task Force for Metal Detecting Rights Foundation was instrumental in getting us permits in NYC Parks. (I recommend them to everyone)
I don't agree with all of the rules, but I do understand why some of them are necessary. I saw a group we call "The Russian Contingency" butcher a hillside in a park earlier this year.
It isn't always easy to hunt the parks because of dry ground. It is during those hot, dry spans of the summer that I break out the Excalibur and head to the water.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ever find colonial stuff in NYC parks? Not that I would be complaining with those finds

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever find colonial stuff in NYC parks? Not that I would be complaining with those finds
Now one of the Rules is to submit a list of SIGNICANT FINDS when you renew you permit at the end of the year. A SIGNICANT FIND can become the property of NYC Parks Department. Soooo, I never find anything Colonial in NYC Parks.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've swung once in the city, central park. Got a ticket, never swung again, way to many rule, I don't like rules..so now I just dig the old outhouses..when I can.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:occasion14:...good job...a hunt like that makes me sore !!cant wait for more soreness

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you are a serious digger. I thought I dug a lot. Congrats on those 3 silvers and all those other finds. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread