Finally... Fat Gold Ring!

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, obvious with the title as always... But I finally got Lucky, and I found my first 14K gold ring with my AT Pro.

I was at a demolition site, and it was a place feom about 1850 or so, strictly guessing what's left around it. On a whim, I decide to stop by after work and see if I can get a permission. Sure enough, I was told OK. Of course, it was going to be dark in about an hour, but I went for it. I was hoping to come with a nice coin or two, and maybe something else old and neat to remember this place. Of course, I hit a bunch of decent tones from bits of aluminum and cast pot metal, and then finally a solid coin tone. I instantly hoped it was a silver dime, but after the first scoop out, the number dropped, and I was given a super nice condition 1918 wheat cent. Ill take those all day, its like a game for me to see if can guess the date... I wasnt close on this one btw... Another 20 minutes or so goes by and just a bunch of copper and brass pieces. Not even a bunch, just a few... And then I got another signal, hitting like a 62-68, so I was thinking I could have another member of my Indian tribe... I dig in, and flip out some dirt, and a see a goldish color, and I immediately thought to myself, it's a piece of a caffeine free coke can... I click it with my finger and I can see its ROUND! I say some shocking words to myself, and say please actually be GOLD... I wipe it, and its clean like gold, and plain like a mens wedding band... I push out the hole... And there it is 14K... AWESOME!!

I think I only found this due to the fairly fat size. I just took the machine out of Pro Zero, to eliminate some of that aluminum I was getting... So I am truly lucky finding this ring. Maybe someone knows the stamp and can tell me something about it. Very plain mens band, and maybe a size 8. I kinda hope it's pretty old, cuz then ill like it even more!
Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling story...

Attachments

• 1445901795711.jpg
    1445901795711.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 1445901811585.jpg
    1445901811585.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 1445901822620.jpg
    1445901822620.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 24
OP
OP
PaDirtDigger

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/fisher f2 garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I love finding gold. It is pretty large so maybe that's y. I'm just kinda puzzled how u got a vdi around 68 I have never found a gold ring higher then low 50s. I'm not saying anything bad by it because I love to hear what others vdi was. Now I gotta dig more zincolns haha. Nice job

OP
OP
PaDirtDigger

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is grits n'bits of stuff all over this site... And when i saw the 68, i had my hopes of it being a crusty indian... I figured to myself that it rang up a little higher cuz of the chunkiness, and possible from laying flat. I know anything iron with a hole in it really makes my detector tell me its a good target. I also notice that most people get silver dimes with an 81, but an 81 is a guaranteed clad dime, has to be 82/83 to be silver dime for me. 80-copper memorial. 78/79 wheat.
I actually never tested gold to see what it might ring up on the detector, but i dont exactly have any to really test either. Im usually after coins, but now im easing my way into Pro Zero mode... Which ive now began to dig the elusive pull tabs... I think my ratio of pull tabs to gold is about 120:1. Pretty fair odds. Im sure they will go down as time goes along, and again, im truly lucky to find this one...

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/fisher f2 garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver dime is same for me as well. Wheats range a few numbers a diff sites. Dig my foil and u will get more gold

OP
OP
PaDirtDigger

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was digging a lot of foil and aluminum in hopes of buffaloes and V's...and figuring in possible gold items of any sort... I think pro zero will have me digging more foil and tabs, but in turn, more unique items too

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was digging a lot of foil and aluminum in hopes of buffaloes and V's...and figuring in possible gold items of any sort... I think pro zero will have me digging more foil and tabs, but in turn, more unique items too

I started out with the ATP on pro zero and that was all I ever used. It's a great detector in any type hunt.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome gold find!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!!

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on an awesome ring!!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My precious!

Ha, nice finds! Congrats!

OP
OP
PaDirtDigger

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to everyone who recognized me and my find... Since i dont find stuff like that much, or ever really, i didnt know how i would feel if and/or when i would come across it... But now that i have finally done it, i can check it off of the list, and remember that site and that minute i found it. I am much more fond of it than i figured i would be if and/or when i found one... Thanks again all, and of course GL and HH, scrub slow and low...:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions