Silver....A 6 Month Recap

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Well, I have been swinging a detector for 6 months offically. Today I broke open the finds bag and cleaned off my silver goodies found to date. I wish I could find more spots giving up silver coins, but it wouldn't be so fun if it was "That Easy" ::) ;D ;D ;D

Happy Hunting all,
Storm

2006_0324Image0003.jpg

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
looks good to me! you have me beat by a little so far this year. ive been slumpin lately. ::) now with all of this darn heat and humidity its hard to get motivated to even go out. im gonna have to get over that one. ;) nice finds so far!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I would much rather see an honest post then some of these people claiming to find silver daily and sometimes it looks like they just robbed a coin store! ;D

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Sure it would be fun to dig silver every day...

and gold as well, but I take it when I dig it!!!
DFX-Gregg said:
I would much rather see an honest post then some of these people claiming to find silver daily and sometimes it looks like they just robbed a coin store!

DFX-Gregg, I have hunted with guys that DO find silver every time out and many times multiple times. My first year with my Explorer I dug 360 silver coins and that doesn't count the rings and other silver items I found. I don't get to get out as much as I used to but when I hunt an older site around here I pull silver every time out, well not every time out but 2 of 3 times. I've done more clad hunting this year that what I've done the last few years because I'm not driving 50 miles to pull a silver with gas at $3.45 and a three year old that wants more of my time. I know what you mean sometimes, but I tend to believe those that post thier finds. I am sure when I posted my 300 coin day someone wondered if I had dug that many and I hunted with another that found over 200 the same day as well!!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
DFX-Gregg, Some people dig silver every week. Where I am from not many people metal detect and I find silver almost every week. I have been hunting for 30 years and know where to go to find silver coins and civil war artifacts. I am like Jack (IN). I believe that most posts are real. Anyone posting false claims are only cheating themselves.
Dman

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Lets put it this way guys....I know some of the posts are not true! :) How??? I posted a do you believe type question on a forum that drew a ton of unusal answers from yes, to several people sending me personal messages about people they had sold coins to...including key dates and seeing the exact people posting them as finds! But that is ok...go on believing...guess it makes it more fun! I am not saying everyone...just a few have a good day! ;)

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Nice work Storm!

I remember that you switched detectors in the middle some place too!

Congratulations!

Ridley

OP
OP
Stormtrooper154

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Yeah, I switched detectors 2 months ago. I need to find some old dirt soon....Im having silver coin withdrawls ;D

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds storm ! i agree with hollowpointred it is hot and humid here now also, i work in it all week and hard to get myself out in it on the weekened but i do go out some , love to find the clad but hoping to get some silver ! untill i do i'll just have to keep digging and posting the clad and pulltabs lol, but its all fun. congrats on the finds storm ! ;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of silver! I might be lucky to have about 16 pieces this year. HH, Mike

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Those items look nice and shiny! I've yet to really clean any of the coins I have found...........I see a merc hiding back there too......congrats.......and let's see what happens in the next 6 months :)

wildmandan

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2007
hey Storm, well since i have moved away from Portland i dont mind giving up a few of my favorite/most productive spots. in no particular order

-portland underground (if you have a relationship to get you in, the building i owned for my business had "access" and some of my best finds came from there, but LOTS of trash)

-forest park

-ladd's addition

-of course waterfront park after rose festival, blues festival, the bite..coin heaven, but anymore sadly with the tweakers and bums go with a friend

-the "edge of the world" in southeast just above Tom Peterson's house where all the teen agers go "park" lol I know I did many many moons ago.

-any of the busy parks on the willamette after a hot weekend i could list many

-picnic areas playground areas at Barton and Carver parks on the clackamas and if you dive any of the pits below the rapids along the clackamas river I have found unbelievable amounts of "stuff" in these holes

-Skibowl in the summer (amazing how many skiers lose stuff in the winter and with all of the summer activities at skibowl they lose stuff in the summer as well) underneath the chair lifts

and many more

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice pile for six months, WTG!!!
I haven't done to well myself this year, only two pieces of silver for the year, so far...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread