Looked like a gold coin for a split second...

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess there's been so many gold coins found and posted on here lately that I thought for a second that I somehow found one too, lol...(It's a game token). I flipped it out of the wood chips at a school in a nearby town. I know it would be a miracle to find one there but it gave my heart a jump start for a second anyway. I hunted the tot lots and one city park today and found a variety of trinkets and some newer coins. I did find one tot lot that must have been overlooked for many years because I found several coins that had been there quite a few years. I just happened to see it behind the school. I did find a CZ CHINA 925 earring and a pair of earrings about 2 feet apart that must be Avon or something similar. The Hot Wheels car is a 64 Lincoln dated 1999. I found that knife about 4 inches deep in one sand tot lot at the city park. Thanks for looking and have a good one.

DANGLANGLEY

Attachments

• IMG_3240.JPG
    IMG_3240.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_3242.JPG
    IMG_3242.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_3232.JPG
    IMG_3232.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_3233.JPG
    IMG_3233.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_3234.JPG
    IMG_3234.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_3235.JPG
    IMG_3235.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_3236.JPG
    IMG_3236.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 667
Upvote 0

coinseeker

Apr 26, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
dfx
DANGLANGLEY said:
I guess there's been so many gold coins found and posted on here lately that I thought for a second that I somehow found one too, lol...(It's a game token). I flipped it out of the wood chips at a school in a nearby town. I know it would be a miracle to find one there but it gave my heart a jump start for a second anyway. I hunted the tot lots and one city park today and found a variety of trinkets and some newer coins. I did find one tot lot that must have been overlooked for many years because I found several coins that had been there quite a few years. I just happened to see it behind the school. I did find a CZ CHINA 925 earring and a pair of earrings about 2 feet apart that must be Avon or something similar. The Hot Wheels car is a 64 Lincoln dated 1999. I found that knife about 4 inches deep in one sand tot lot at the city park. Thanks for looking and have a good one.

DANGLANGLEY.....................Now that's variety.....

R

RUDY2003

Great finds. Gold coin too. Pretty big knife for playin in the sand. What were those kids thinkin'?
Keep safe

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds, a little bit of everything. That's one bad azz looking knife to be found in the tot lot :o. Whew, glad you removed it before someone got hurt. Those are some neat looking earrings too.

;) RR

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nice finds. Silver in any form is good. Congrats on removing the knife from the sand lot. Looks about like the one I use. You can add it to your selection of digging tools. Good luck and HH!

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i'd still be excited even if it was a game token sure looked like a gold coin for sure , great finds and congrats to you ;)

T

troy1986

Great finds. I also found a 4 inch knife in a tot lot last weekend.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive done the same thing with brass coins in Germany. They made a lot in the 1920s and the first one that poped out of the ground almost gave me a heart a take.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a gold one but still cool, thank God you found that knife what in the world was it doing there? It didn't have any blood stains or anything on it did it???

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
not a gold one but still cool, thank God you found that knife what in the world was it doing there? It didn't have any blood stains or anything on it did it???

Hey there, it looked clean the best I could tell but I too had to wonder about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread