Found a Honey Hole of clad
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Found a Honey Hole of clad

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Seek and you shall find

Mar 2014
    Nacogdoches Texas
    Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
    79 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Found a Honey Hole of clad

I decided to get out to a nearby school this weekend and found an area behind an old baseball field near the wood line about 40'x20'. Targets were everywhere, so after spending about 3 hours total these were the result and most were 1"-4." The school site dates back to the late 1800's and is within a quarter mile of where I dug the 1838 dime.

A few of the quarters and dimes are '65, so I'm hoping for a silver...there's still plenty of targets!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1448390562861.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	1239409  

us
    Nov 2013
    NY
    Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
    1467 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    You really cleaned it up!
    Instagram: @surroundedbywild

God Bless

us
    Rust never rests

Mar 2009
    Sunman Indiana
    Whites XLT MINELAB SE
    3140 times
    Plenty of battery cash there. You certainly have found a spot where the kids were careless with their allowences.

us
    Silver Coin Fiend

Apr 2014
    Charlotte
    XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
    16075 times
    Digging In Strangers Front Yards
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That's a bunch of clad. My hand hurts just thinking about digging all of that up.

Best of luck to you.... perhaps after the more modern coins are dug off of the top, old coins will be below them.

us
    Detector Collector

May 2015
    Madison, MS
    Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
    2230 times
    I mainly coin shoot, but I also enjoy relic hunting and shallow ocean hunting.
    That's a lot of clad! Don't hurt your back trying to carry it all home!
    Clad - 2 dollars, 274 quarters, 282 dimes, 115 nickels, 787 pennies, 1 foreign
    Older - 1 Barber Half, 1 Walker, 1 Franklin, 1 Seated Qtr, 1 Barber Qtr, 5 Washington, 4 Barber Dimes, 12 Mercs, 13 Rosies
    1 CB Half Dime, 1 Shield, 3 Vs, 8 Buffalos, 4 War Nickels, 10 IHPs, 137 Wheats, 1803 Half Real
    Relics - 1 3-Ringer, 1 Round Ball, Silver fork, 3 pocket knives, Gem Micromatic razor, small compact, Silver bib clip, Silver brush, skeleton key
    Jewelry - 2 Gold rings, 2 Silver rings, Silver bracelet, Silver earring, 3 Silver charms, lady's watch

Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.

Captain Caveman

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    17072 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Congrats on having an amazing cladfest hunt. The clad adds up quickly, especially when you pull that much per hunt. I pulled about $500 in clad last season. I have a bank account set up for my hobby and the funds are used for coin supplies, detector repairs and upgrades. It keeps the kitchen committee out of the MD purchases that I deem necessary. Gotta love a hobby that funds itself.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Southeast Grundy, Illinois
    EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
    3241 times
    My back hurts just lookin' at the picture. Nice job!!
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    17072 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy SH13 View Post
    HA! I did the same thing. I then connected my account to paypal..> now I can purchase on e-bay and directly access my bank funds to pay off the Pay-pal credit. Works great!

Most recent acquisitions:
    - 12 9 volt batteries ($15.85)
    - Gold/Platinum/Silver Test Kit ($17.09)
    - Ring Mandrel (for sizing and fixing) ($14.85)
    - Replacement headphones for my son's ACE250 ($24.45)
    - Portable Diamond Gem Tester Selector V2 Diamond Tester ($8.99) Works FANTASTIC, btw!
    - 40x25mm jewelers loupe w/LED light ($3.99)
    - Etekcity 500g Digital Pocket Scale, hundredth of a gram Resolution ($16.98)
    - Novel Box® Glass Top Black Jewelry Display Case 72 Slot Compartment Ring Tray + Custom NB Pouch ($16.99)

Plus about $400 in 19th Century coins! (neatly displayed in my Littleton coin folder) BTW, the hole in the dime section just got filled with an E-bay purchase yesterday. Another row filled in the 19th Century folder! Woot!

Message here: CLAD PAYS

Attachment 1239458Attachment 1239459
    Great minds thing alike. I also connected a paypal account to mine. My hobby account is with a different bank than the family account just so that if it's ever hacked, the family funds are not affected.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21094 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Very cool, , my kind of hunt. That place has not been hit in awhile. I can almost guarantee that there is silver there. It is deep and beyond the ACE 250's abilities.
    I'm not knocking your detector, I had a 350 and still have the AT PRO. I have paid off the costs of all my machines in just clad alone. Digging clad totals like you did and continue to do will put a serious dent in the purchase price of a second hand E-trac. The E-trac will get down to the silver. Excellent hunt. I paid $900 for a second hand E-trac on line. Good luck buddy.
    Last edited by against the wind; Nov 24, 2015 at 05:17 PM.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    ebay "ulster-relic"

Dec 2012
    port ewen ny
    AT-PRO
    7094 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    pick a small area and run all metal mode. the more you dig the easy ones the better stuff will start to show. be aware of the bounce hits that can be layered coins. a bounce from nickel to qtr. can be just that. if a zincoln gets pulled a Rosie may be an inch away. trash hits are not always trash--just too much for the processor to decipher. just dig 'til there be nuttin' to dig:-)
    Greastart and Loco-Digger like this.

us
    Dec 2014
    Ashland, Ohio
    Garrett AT Pro
    328 times
    Metal Detecting
    Now that looks like a lot of fun.
    kristof.wanderer likes this.

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8363 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Ka-ching!
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

us
    Mr

Mar 2013
    Meridian Id
    Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
    490 times
    very nice
    All the Best Richie Rich

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    5653 times
    Burgers and Fries for everyone. You got a good paycheck there. Congrats!
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

us
    Seek and you shall find

Mar 2014
    Nacogdoches Texas
    Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by against the wind View Post
    Very cool, , my kind of hunt. That place has not been hit in awhile. I can almost guarantee that there is silver there. It is deep and beyond the ACE 250's abilities.
    I'm not knocking your detector, I had a 350 and still have the AT PRO. I have paid off the costs of all my machines in just clad alone. Digging clad totals like you did and continue to do will put a serious dent in the purchase price of a second hand E-trac. The E-trac will get down to the silver. Excellent hunt. I paid $900 for a second hand E-trac on line. Good luck buddy.
    I recently picked up a DD for the GTI 2500 and that's what I was using. When I have it worked over satisfactorily, I'll go back over it with a concentric coil just to see. I'd love an E-trac and was considered getting one, but truth be known I'm still in the dog house for getting the GTI. But one day...
    bigfoot1 and Loco-Digger like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links