Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't on the Copper Trail today but dug some holes

Wasn't out with Ironhorse today, and the Copper Trail will likely resume early next week, but yesterday my grey ghost ndt cord went and it was only then did I realize how much I do not like using any other headphones. I have three other cords but think they all had problems, I have just procrastinated about sending them in. Anyway, it was a great excuse to get out and test them to see if I have one that will get me through the rest of the year, or the alternative, get a few hours under my cheap phones to get used to them. Turns out I do have a cord that will last as it only crackles slightly... so that was good, but what was just as good is I actually found some cool stuff. First pic is the finds that didn't make the cut, including rotted 3 coppers. Next a swastika pin, which I was hoping would say something, but does not, and not sure if it ever did. Next a number 8 enfield bullet, then what I assume is a British Militia button, just having a crown. Last is my two finds of the day.... a two piece 15th Regiment button. It's a little on the rough side, but extends my streak to 3 hunts that I dug a military button I have not dug before. And to finish a nice early sword hanger. Too bad these things aren't marked because given the location I found it, if it had a unit engraved into it, I bet it would be a good one. So that was the day and am looking forward to getting back on the Trail and checking a few more places I have researched.

Attachments

• k5.jpg
    k5.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 79
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 78
  • h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 80
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 84
  • k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 76
  • k7.jpg
    k7.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 78
  • k6.jpg
    k6.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Upvote 10

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a great day hunting elsewhere. Sorry about your headphones.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
If I didn't have some stuff to do around the house this weekend I'd be out testing my backup phones!

Those are some pretty decent finds!

Out at one of your old stomping grounds today?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP whats the "cut coin / thingy" ?
Silverish...
Not the copper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I didn't have some stuff to do around the house this weekend I'd be out testing my backup phones!

Those are some pretty decent finds!

Out at one of your old stomping grounds today?

Went to.... not even sure what to call it.. 3rd American doesn't really fit.. Militia - lower field? Anyway, I knew there would at least be targets, so the plan was to just walk anywhere and see what would happen. Well walking anywhere wasn't getting me much so I went close to the site, but not quite on it, at least where I spent most of my time last time. I did dig a lot of targets, but the only things I had was a plain rosette and enfield bullet. I was getting pretty sick of digging junk so decide to abort that mission and grid the bottom of Mike's KAR site and to my surprise I was actually finding a few targets. Got a copper down there and that's where the hanger came from. I stayed there quite a while, but did get pretty quiet so I figured I'd cross baack to the other side and jump on the site. So I did that, and didn't get a target for like 10 minutes. By this time I was pretty beat and decided I might as well try a little higher and the first swing I took as i started to walk was the 29th button literally right on the surface. I figured after that I can stay a little longer, and a couple minutes later I get another signal and it was the crown button, and then the swastika followed. I was like wtf, is this the same place I dug 100 pieces of junk and it drove me to a field that I thought would be very quiet. So it was sort of a strange day, but I agree, the stuff ain't too bad. Don't think I can do that again though. Half thinking about that other big one where you dug the foreign copper on the way out, but it's not the most apprizing site in the world. But on the flip side it almost seems like it's more about putting in the time than anything, and if you do, you'll at least get something interesting. Is a big field though, would have to be something good there, ya would think. :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Oh yeah!
Yep that spot/field was worth a few more swings; we only scratched the surface there. I had no doubt there was more to find there, you just proved it!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another nice result buddy. You've got me primed up for a solid week of digging when I go home....if the weather holds of course

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mention getting ready to quit when the 29th showed up , funny how a good find will put more gas in the tank.
Congrats on another (different) military.
Awesome Dec. weather eh, it is 50+ F right now.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mention getting ready to quit when the 29th showed up , funny how a good find will put more gas in the tank.
Congrats on another (different) military.
Awesome Dec. weather eh, it is 50+ F right now.

It was the sword hanger that gave me the boost. The 29th was more like the will to survive 20 more minutes. :) It was just weird to dig 3 actual things in a row.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you certainly were at spot for a chance at the big one...that being said, i still have a chance at that dollar bet...still nice finds in my book brother!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• k6.jpg
    k6.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Battle_of_Ridgeway.jpg
    Battle_of_Ridgeway.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
15th
I've found two of those buttons at least, at a place in the city that has a federal office there now but was once partially an older property and no doubt from the time it was a residence, the buttons came from the grassy area by the parking lot with the large elm trees
I'll point it out to you sometime!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean like this? :tongue3: I forgot I had it! So that's two 15th, and also two 16th, who were also involved in fending off the Fenian raids.

Attachments

• 15b.jpg
    15b.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 72

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great sword hanger IP. That's def my favorite piece of the day there. Great buttons as always!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread