Last 3 Beach hunts with a little surprise!

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've hit the beach close to me here in Charleston about 3 times. First time was just for an hour because of the bugs tearing me up. IMG_2588.jpg IMG_2586.jpg My Second time out was a lot more productive. Found quite a bit of clad and one great find. It was a tone i hadn't heard on my cheap beginners detector yet so I was excited. When I went to dig it up it was on the surface! Ended up being a gold filling. The ole lady didn't want it in the house because she was grossed out by it. So i scraped it for $35. IMG_2591.jpg IMG_2592.jpg Third hunt on the beach was today. Not too much today and I'm not sure what this piece of copper is. IMG_2660.jpg IMG_2661.jpg

Upvote 8

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the recent rains and high surf wreaking havoc on the FB renourishment project that's a good start. Keep digging and you'll find some special things there.

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with that, like finding 35 bucks and a cool little anchor :icon_thumright:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't go wrong with that sell off, everyone is Happy! And You got out and enjoyed!

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the recent rains and high surf wreaking havoc on the FB renourishment project that's a good start. Keep digging and you'll find some special things there.

Yeah it wasn't good today. I ended up going back to where I found all that clad and the Gold filling and started finding more clad. Plus its taste of Folly so i had to get out of there lol.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there last weekend watching the wife look for shells as I tested out the Deus to see how it reacted at beach. Found a large handful of clad. My best find was a starfish that washed up still alive. It was about 3inches from top to bottom. She was happy and I got to relic hunt the rest of our visit.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you managed to get out, is the anchor silver?

I'm not sure. I looked up the company and the necklace it came off of was only like 40-50 bucks. So maybe not? not sure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread