Assorted Relics

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to the Gulf Coast Friday night to visit my family. Saturday morning bonepicker was gracious enough to take me hunting with him and his partner. Even though the finds weren't plentiful, I had a Great time and really enjoyed meeting him and his partner!

Here are a couple of pics of my finds. The pocket knife and modern bullet are obvious, but I'm not real sure about anything else. The big plate has a lock cover that still works. The middle item looks like a big lock over to me, but is interesting because it has a crown then below that either 'VR' or 'VK', then below that 'Thomison'. The shotgun shell looking thing is too small to be a shotgun shell that I'm aware of. The other bullet looks old, but I guess post CW. The ball has nice white pantina and I'm guessing is an old pistol ball. The round thing in the middle is some kind of old cap. I can read the word 'whiskey' but not the word the proceeds it.

Any input on any item would be appreciated. And again, Thank you bonepicker!

20160130 Relics.jpg
20160130 Thomison.jpg

Upvote 6

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Google: VR Thompson... a bunch of old locks come up. You are correct, it is the cover for the key hole of a pad lock.

Nice finds. Congrats.

OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Google: VR Thompson... a bunch of old locks come up. You are correct, it is the cover for the key hole of a pad lock.

Nice finds. Congrats.

That's it! Thanx Tom!

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool finds. Was hoping you would dig a half-dime, but at least you ended up with some interesting relics,
Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread