Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net. Please post a picture if you can. It may be a type of polishing or tumbling stone. Could be an artifact also.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I found 3 perfectly round stones. 2 small, about an inch, and 1 larger, about 2 inches. We have a lot of Indian camps etc, here. Someone told me they were Game Balls. Maybe that's what yours is.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I noticed this is your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard civilwarvet! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with BagLady. Your find could be a native American game ball.

My son found such a stone on a beach. The beach was located in an area with highly erosive siltstone cliffs, yet the stone clearly originated from igneous rock. No doubt in my mind the perfectly round, ping-pong ball-sized stone my son found was a native American game ball. He's very proud of it.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Round stones can also be created by glacial action.

Any gravel pit will have round rocks scattered around the bases of the conveyor belts, they roll down the belt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread