Vintage Plymouth Bling, Angelic Love Token, and Frostbite...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your intrepid scribe dared to venture out into the 15 degree (wind chill factor) dusk, ending up at the closest school to my home for a one-hour hunt. This school has produced mostly clad over the last five years. Today was a little different. I netted an early 1940's grill ornament with some of the enamel intact. The ornament rang up an 86 VDI at four inches as it is brass. I later found an "Angel" love/pocket token (no evidence of loops or fasteners on it) with the stamping on the reverse, "V + K." The token rang up a 70 VDI on the ATPro at two inches. It appears to be plated. So, it wasn't a stellar hunt, but it was also not a bust on the frozen schoolyard. Thanks for looking, Happy Hunting to all. Sub 8-)
plymouth1.JPG plymouth2.JPG plymouth3.JPG

Upvote 13

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Neat token!

Plymouth came to mind, it was/is a car company division name but I was trying for a ship name. Ahh well.
Any way here's a pic. Yours is an interesting find for sure..

022-3003.jpg

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Im also in cold using screw driver to loosen top 2 to 3 inches of dirt hoping I don't stab my find Spring is coming SOON

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man are you addicted or what. :dontknow: Congrats on getting out and avoiding frostbite...

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Digs. There's a fine line between Insanity and boredom. I know what side I fall on. My feet were so cold Sunday and instead of throwing in the towel I put on extra socks. Lol

CTwoods

Dec 9, 2015
east central Connecticut
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neat token!

Plymouth came to mind, it was/is a car company division name but I was trying for a ship name. Ahh well.
Any way here's a pic. Yours is an interesting find for sure..

View attachment 1270837

The ship is the Mayflower.... Plymouth Mass....Pilgrim landing point 1620. That logo first used in 1928 when Walter Chrysler formed the Chrysler corp., and used for many years after.

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man are you addicted or what. :dontknow: Congrats on getting out and avoiding frostbite...

Loco, To answer your question, "Yes." :laughing7:

I could dig until unconsciousness if'n it weren't for that dang wind! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Digs. There's a fine line between Insanity and boredom. I know what side I fall on. My feet were so cold Sunday and instead of throwing in the towel I put on extra socks. Lol

I am with you, Tylerbdad, Risk a little to gain a little, risk a lot (hey, maybe a finger or toe) to "hopefully" dig some good stuff! *Disclaimer- I would never really advocate risking one's health for a detecting junket....wait until good weather...Sub 8-)

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Sub nice. You are one dedicated guy. Glad that you were able to find something in the cold.

Best of luck to you!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tip-o-the hat sub.I too been goin out in some nasty weather.when ya gotta hunt ya gotta hunt....:occasion14:

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the angel token, and respect your hardiness.

In case you were interested, you can get 80 pairs of hot hands hand warmers for 43.90 on amazon, along with a 12 hour zippo catalytic hand warmer for less than $15 (oh, so very toasty).

Cheers, Sub!
Ken

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I was toying with the same idea. But, I just hate having to use a chisel! Or my jackhammer. ;)

I'll wait, for a bit. :)

Nice pieces!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice car emblem! It's just a pleasure to get and enjoy the fresh air. :occasion14:

Worked a local school playground (wood chips provide some digging pleasure), found a few things, but will not be retiring soon from the hunt. :icon_thumleft:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Sub ! You are a hearty soul! Great finds!

I found one of those Angels, minus the silver plating, I'll have to check the back to see if I can find the letters.

You may want to line your clothes with hand warmers if your going out this weekend.
Serious cold, throw in any wind and it goes negative.

I would probably have to drag my detector kicking and screaming out the door in those temps. :sly:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The cold weather has made me make decisions concerning warmer times lol. I signed up for a photography class in April and have decided I am buying a fishing license this year after having not even gone the last 2 years. Your post helped me decide I need some diversity again:laughing7:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cold weather has made me make decisions concerning warmer times lol. I signed up for a photography class in April and have decided I am buying a fishing license this year after having not even gone the last 2 years. Your post helped me decide I need some diversity again:laughing7:

Birds of a feather..... That's fascinating! I was having this very self-same conversation with someone just recently! More fishing, (for fishy's relatives), maybe some tennis, jogging, and maybe even bowling! Life's too short! Oh, I'll still be taking my walks, they're too important to just let go.

Get out there folks! Today is all we have!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread