First post. Silver finds

bpfeiffer90

Jan 8, 2016
Northern Delaware
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems a little intimidating posting after looking at so many awesome finds daily! Just finished year 1 of metal detecting and was able to get outside before the ground froze again and located a 1941 quarter, a sterling pin, and this ring which I'm assuming is bronze.

Also I aquired a Garrett AT Pro for under 400 bucks on Craigslist so I feel like that was an awesome find too haha pretty stoked to get out and try it out! If anyone has some tips or preferred settings they have had success with I'm all ears I love to hear other people's input.

Lastly, if anyone in the southern PA area or Northern DE wants to hunt let me know I'm all for making new friends! Take care everyone and good luck!

Attachments

• 1455209479255.jpg
    1455209479255.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 1455209490500.jpg
    1455209490500.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 1455209501900.jpg
    1455209501900.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 16

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet! Congratz on finding silver and buying an ATP! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome !!!may I suggest the following advice for atp.first you simply must learn pro mode,very important.easiest setting for learning tones for me was...pro mode zero..add in 25-40 on iron descrim..sensitivity one below max...iron audio off...after ground balancing,manually lower by 5.

after learning to correctly id 7 of 10 objects prior to digging,turn on iron audio over any scratchy target,if you hear a grunt at edge of signal you just avoided bottle cap etc.turn iron audio back off till you need it again.

In short order you will be confident on depth/size by strength of audio signal.its a capable machine,hunt easy target areas first to dial in then move into more challenging trashy areas as your skill with atp improves.

good luck and have fun !!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site.
&
Anytime you find Silver it's a Good thing. Cool Pin , Does it say it's for 5 years of service DL Carpet Co.?
My eyes bad & screen small.
Thx

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net and the addiction. Bigfoot gives great advice. When I first got my ATPro, I dug evey signal.
This was the best way for me to learn the language and gane the confidents in what the machine was telling me. The only way to be sure of the signal is to dig IMO. Welcome

HH, Relic Nut

OP
OP
B

bpfeiffer90

Jan 8, 2016
Northern Delaware
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, I wasn't expecting such great advice and so quickly you guys are awesome I appreciate all the input greatly. Thanks BigFoot for the advice I'm eager to test it out once this crazy weather disappears.

I agree Relic I also dig everything at first just to see and learn the machine. I'm sure it's a big step up from a Garrett Ace 250 haha.

The pin says "Delaware Coach Company 5 Years Service"

Thanks again guys for the input glad to find such an awesome group.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great purchase on the Garrett, and super finds - Congrats! :occasion14:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard:occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard. Congrats on the silver.

Show us a better picture of that ring. Are you sure that it isn't a pipe fitting? When I first started I found a bunch of copper rings, that looked like finger rings, but were actually the copper ring used in the plumbing business. Hopefully, I am wrong...

Best of luck to you!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on your nice saves! Good luck with your new machine, your going to love it.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome...to the machine. (Pink Floyd reference here....:laughing7:) You have started off in fine fashion, especially the great deal you got on the ATPro. You learn it, it will reward you. We are all looking forward to seeing more of your finds. Sub 8-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T Net!
Awesome finds! Silver on any day is a great find!

Congrats on getting a great AT bargain! Learn what the detector is telling There are some awesome things out there hiding in the ground.

Never be afraid to post your finds even the not so great ones, you just may be the encouragement another needs to not give up. When you go out that door to detect you never know what you will find!

Best of luck and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions