56.5 KB · Views: 931
Upvote 0

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a different find...Did you ever try to find out who it was for? Looks like it would be rather easy to track down. Maybe you could return it to the family if they want it.

HH

NJ

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Hardy said:
YOU CAN FIND OUT WHO THAT TAG ONCE BELONGED TO BY E-MAILING THE CORONERS OFFICE ::)
I was wondering how to go about doing that, but... do we really want to know?

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
N.J.THer said:
That is a different find...Did you ever try to find out who it was for? Looks like it would be rather easy to track down. Maybe you could return it to the family if they want it.

HH

NJ
I assume they threw it in the water with the ashes!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Absolutely true story:
My dad and I used to work together in the kitchen at a church camp. One day, after a trip out to the dumpster, he came in and, with a sly grin on his face, told me to go out and look in the bin. I did as I was told and quickly spotted a box labeled "Cremains" and it also had the name of the crematorium and an address. We told our boss about it and before too long the state police were on the scene! After asking us a few questions, the police were on their way; apparently, there is no law against putting a box of cremains in a dumpster, at least not in Pennsylvania!

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
halfdime said:
Absolutely true story:
My dad and I used to work together in the kitchen at a church camp. One day, after a trip out to the dumpster, he came in and, with a sly grin on his face, told me to go out and look in the bin. I did as I was told and quickly spotted a box labeled "Cremains" and it also had the name of the crematorium and an address. We told our boss about it and before too long the state police were on the scene! After asking us a few questions, the police were on their way; apparently, there is no law against putting a box of cremains in a dumpster, at least not in Pennsylvania!
That's funny ;D

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
halfdime said:
Absolutely true story:

I feel stupid, but I didn't know they were called "cremains".... Its like craisins, only without the yummy flavor... lol

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel stupid, but I didn't know they were called "cremains".... Its like craisins, only without the yummy flavor... lol

'Craisins' are my favorite....especially the dancing ones from California.

From now on this post will be know as the 'Quote Post' since almost every post has quoted another poster.

HH

NJ

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
halfdime said:
Absolutely true story:
That's funny ;D

Actually I don't think that's very funny :-\, someone threw someone's remains in a dumpster.

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
Kiros32 said:
finderzzs said:
halfdime said:
Absolutely true story:
That's funny ;D

Actually I don't think that's very funny :-\, someone threw someone's remains in a dumpster.
Their DEAD, I don't think they'll mind... I'm kidding of course. I'm sure that's where they'll throw my unclaimed body someday >:(

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
halfdime said:
Absolutely true story:

That's creepier than a mint ginger ale, no, seriously, I would be a little disturbed by that. I mean I can see the irony in the situation, I just NEVER wanna be the guy that finds the remains.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
cryptodave said:
halfdime said:
Absolutely true story:

;D ;D

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiros32 said:
finderzzs said:
halfdime said:
Absolutely true story:
That's funny ;D

He or she musta been revered by his family...

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to work in a mail room for a DOE contractor back in the mid 80's and I was on a roll one morning opening boxes. I opened a box and found an urn inside and thought "who in the world ordered this?". I looked at the address and it was supposed to go to Anderson Memorial Gardens... OOPS...I packed it up and retaped it and put it in the out mail box. That was something I'll never forget.

Attachments

• license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 654
  • license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 686

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
I think I'd track down the family. That may be something they'd like to have, or they may want to return it to the sea.
Just my thought.
Very cool find !!! 8)

Ima

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiros32 said:
finderzzs said:
halfdime said:
Absolutely true story:
That's funny ;D

correction
prolly alot of peoples remains
they have to clean them out once and a while

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread