Apr 9, 2015
Southeastern Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
AT max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smallest coin I've ever seen

Got out for a bit tonight, and the fields are still producing. Fug a pile of trash but I did manage two Indians ( one fatty) and the smallest silver coin I've ever seen. Got a nice solid repeatable high tone in an area that my buddy and I have done 100 times, dug about 6 inches down and out popped this tiny coin. It's a 1835 1& 1/2 pence, never seen one before but I'll take it. Thanks for looking and HH. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 15

Channon

Feb 8, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should post another picture after you clean it up. That's a really neat find!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds & congrats - wish you many more!

Texas ED

OP
OP
AP552

AP552

Apr 9, 2015
Southeastern Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
AT max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, I've hit it with a tooth brush and water to get the dirt off. Don't think I'll clean it more than that, don't like to mess with them to much if I can avoid it. Sorry if the pics are a little blurry, tough to get my phone to focus on the detail because of its size.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a bit tonight, and the fields are still producing. Fug a pile of trash but I did manage two Indians ( one fatty) and the smallest silver coin I've ever seen. Got a nice solid repeatable high tone in an area that my buddy and I have done 100 times, dug about 6 inches down and out popped this tiny coin. It's a 1835 1& 1/2 pence, never seen one before but I'll take it. Thanks for looking and HH. View attachment 1279871 View attachment 1279873 View attachment 1279874

Its great coin, but in the UK, they come much smaller.:thumbsup:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! I would also like to see that little coin cleaned up!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way cool little silver!!!! That is certainly something we don't see around here much of!!! Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread