Scout trip at new park before the rain hit!

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all,

Just got back from a several week trip in Europe for vacation with my wife before we both start residency. Did a trip today at a park established in the late 1960s here in Dallas but it's in an older area so I figured there could've been something there earlier. Only had half an hour before it downpoured, I tried to tough it out with an umbrella but the wind was so strong the rain was hitting me sideways. Most of the time was spent in the tot lot but only found a couple coins. The rest of the park is super trashy with lots of deep aluminum so I'm pretty sure it hasn't been picked over much. I dug lots of trash and bottle caps, $0.63 and on my last hole which was a jumpy +83-84 at 3 inches and is usually a copper penny or clad dime. I was super surprised when a bent silver 1944-P quarter popped out! My pinpointer was still hitting on something and out came a nail, now it made sense why it hit so low! I'll be back when the weather cooperates, it's supposed to be pretty bad today...hope everyone can get out! This is silver #11 on the year and silver coin #3, already off to a much better year than 2015 but I only have until June.

IMAG2635.jpg
IMAG2636.jpg
IMAG2637.jpg

Upvote 7

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! Nice quarter.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver recovery!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find & congrats! Wish you many more great finds dirt fishing.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread