Buttons galore

Whatdayagot

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg Searched a small section of a old farm (suspected Tory hideout) found lots of buttons

Upvote 8

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's a Tory Hideout? Over here a Tory, is a political persuasion.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
So some of them dang loyalists were hanging out at your spot?! Someone left nice buttons, but I'm not sure how many actually date to the revolution. Nice scores!

Steve

OP
OP
W

Whatdayagot

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's a Tory Hideout? Over here a Tory, is a political persuasion.

Tory or Tories were people who during the rev war were loyal to the British also called loyalists and often conspired or pledged allegiance to the crown and did some bad things to innocent people and plotted to kidnap / kill George Washington amongst others

OP
OP
W

Whatdayagot

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So some of them dang loyalists were hanging out at your spot?! Someone left nice buttons, but I'm not sure how many actually date to the revolution. Nice scores!

Steve
I believe they are mostly 1800s buttons not sure but this farm was definitely owned by a local loyalist during that time period and they were a prominent family here the guy who owns it now is a historian and has done lots of research on it maybe I didn't find the"spot" with those period buttons it's like 130 acre farm I only covered a very small portion so far will be going back

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
W

Whatdayagot

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys Hooefully this coming sat I will find some more cool stuff at this place the owner text me to keep Saturday open !!! Can't wait

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; From the pictures I can tell that at least 5 of the buttons are 1 Piece buttons which are older than 1820. I don't know about the other buttons as I can't see the backs on them. The 1 Piece button was basically put of use by 1820 and were replaced by the increasingly popular 2 Piece button ok. If you can find a date for the style of the crown on that button you may be able to date them much more accurately ok. My hunch is 1770 - 1790 for the dates of use. Te only one that may have value is the Crown one ok. Good Hunting. PEACE: RONB

OP
OP
W

Whatdayagot

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Barker much appreciated and I think your right against the wind lol going back sat I suspect I'll find lots more as they were all over the place I found a odd green patina piece of metal curved like a handle it was sort of beveled with a bend on one end the guy whose farm it was said his dad found one years ago and he believes they used it as a tool to help close buttons onto costs and for their shoes I'll try n post a picture in case anyone knows what it is

OP
OP
W

Whatdayagot

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crown button on the back reads WHADHAMS co extra rich extra image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

OP
OP
W

Whatdayagot

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top right read Haydens &co best extra rich right below that one read extra colour the one below that read Sherman& Brunson Waterbury the copper one far left reads Haydens @co best extra rich the blurry one too middle reads London extra rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread