2 Silver rings, $17 in change, plus I found gold inspecting a previously found ring!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
....And I've been stuck in the house today - winds blowing 45-50 and groundhogs and skunks running all over outside.

Want some company?? :laughing7:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, home run for sure!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Animals are out in the wind here. In fact, if it's not windy here, we sorts stagger around trying to figure out how to walk "normal"! :laughing9:

Groundhogs are out in the daytime, skunks usually only at night. Some skunks come out in the daytime after hibernation because they're hungry. I often wonder if some of the older skunks are out in the daytime because their vision isn't so good anymore - especially when they seem very much NON-aggressive...and don't seem sick, either.

No prairie dogs here.

Not meaning to get off-topic here, but this IS you're thread, so.... :tongue3:
Not too long ago, during winter actually, the weather warmed up enough to where a skunk came out from hibernation looking for food. This is normal, and most skunks will wake up 3-4 times per winter, more if a mild season. Anyway, went out one evening to feed the cat. Didn't take a light with me because, well, why should I? All the "pests" were gone for the winter! So I opened up the door and found this nice little kitty cat came up for a visit. What a beautiful little kitty, I thought. How interesting, as we don't normally get many strays way out here! And my, what beautiful markings. Beautiful black kitty cat with a big stripe right down its back...almost like a skunk. Ah, but it's winter - the skunks are asleep....aren't they? NOT THIS ONE!! I was standing not 3 feet from a hungry skunk in mid-teens temperatures at nighttime, and I'd just come crashing through the door without a care in the world! ...Sure got lucky! But this was an old skunk and apparently did not find us a threat - I think it had been hanging around for the last couple months before winter hit. ...Some day I GOTTA get some better thoughts to keep in memory. This one STINKS!! :laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
**ROFL** GREAT story!!

A few years back, had a real gassy stomach and was walking outside trying to "work it off". It was a very dark night - full moon was just a few days prior. Walked down the driveway and thought I saw something in the darkness...but wasn't sure. Went a few more steps, turned around, started walking back. Dang, there it is again - what looks like some sort of animal...little thing though. I turned on the light an HOLY COW - IT'S A SKUNK!! I was walking the same direction as the skunk, it was about 10' ahead of me and had its tail up. When I passed it the first time, we passed about 14" (that's INCHES!!) from each other going opposite directions! Like to had a heart attack right on the spot!!

...Just don't get me started on the bear in the area! *lol*

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE BUNCH OF COINAGE AND RINGS .

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions