Nazi Party 14k gold pin?? Need help...

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So yeah, found what I believe to be a Nazi Party gold pin yesterday at the park. Gorgeous pin. But I flipped it over to discover it was engraved "SS" with the date of 12-31-33. I know 1933 was a big year for the Nazis. It's a little chilling to think this pin could be celebrating the killing of all the Nazis political rivals as they came to power. Anything that anybody can tell me about this item would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to stick with secret society, especially a behind-the-scenes type. First, the cross is Celtic with the lower arm shortened and the circlet removed (to disguise it?) Second, the motto indicates a benevolent society. Third, the use of Latin and the Laurel wreath would point to a well educated and exclusive group, probably very small and close-knit . The iconography would only be recognizable to other members. The quality of the pin indicates affluence, and it's simple, not overly elaborate. I think in the end you'll find out this is an organization that anonymously donated money, sponsored scholarships, and underwrote productive civic projects, Im not giving up yet either, it's got me pissed.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I found this one late.... I can't help id it, but for future reference, Nazi party pins like this will tend to be marked either Ges. Getsch which is basically "copyright" or RZM which basically means "party approved" It's definitely not in any way related to the Third Reich....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread